WHOA! Chase FU 3% 1st year!

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor
25 REPLIES 25
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: WHOA! Chase FU 3% 1st year!

Very nice, too bad I already have one and its well over a year old (converted from Freedom)Smiley Sad

@Gregory1776 wrote:
https://creditcards.chase.com/cash-back-credit-cards/chase-freedom-unlimited?CELL=6TKV&IP3H=FH24R8&F...

Message 2 of 26
minski
Established Contributor

Neat but I think I'd rather have the spend bonus; seems to make more sense for me. At any rate, I'm not eligible to apply for Chase's own cards for another year. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 26
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

What’s be spending bonus? $150?
Message 4 of 26
SBR249
Established Contributor

Looks like it's either 3% CB for a year or $150 SUB for $500 spend depending on which page you go to.

Message 5 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

And of course this would come up when I'm starting to consider alternate daily drivers (and rewards strategy in general) after August 1st when the SPG earning is reduced from 3 points to 2 points on every day spend.  And of course it would come up after the Freedom Unlimited offer has disappeared from being splashed on every single screen of my Chase online account.  As for the signup bonus, you only need to spend $3333.33 in the first year and use the URs in the travel portal with a CSR to be at break-even with the SUB.  I could easily rack up $10k+ in travel value with that offer [edit: too early to do math and I tripled it] .  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 26
redpat
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

And of course this would come up when I'm starting to consider alternate daily drivers (and rewards strategy in general) after August 1st when the SPG earning is reduced from 3 points to 2 points on every day spend.  And of course it would come up after the Freedom Unlimited offer has disappeared from being splashed on every single screen of my Chase online account.  As for the signup bonus, you only need to spend $3333.33 in the first year and use the URs in the travel portal with a CSR to be at break-even with the SUB.  I could easily rack up $10k+ in travel value with that offer.  Smiley Sad

K, I think your math is off......Lol!  10k???????

Whoops, I assumed you wouldn't spend $222,222.22

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Heh.  Oops.  Yeah, I was typing it out to explain that and realized I tripled the number of URs (3x), then multipled by 0.045 to get the value.  Now it's only about $3600, which isn't bad by any means (4.5% to be exact), but yeah...  Need more coffee!!!

Nice catch. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good offer but not having no international transaction fees is the deal breaker for me. Did the math and I wouldn’t come out ahead with the 3% for the first year vs say a Cap1 Quicksilver with a $150 SUB and 1.5% casback with no intl. transaction fee. I’m going on a vacation to Europe this year and no foreign transaction fee is a must for me.
Message 9 of 26
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I think the correct break-even spending amount for the two offers is $6,667.  This assumes all points are transferred from CFU to CSR and are redeemed through the travel portal.  I'm also assuming that under the old offer, the $150 bonus is a statement credit and cannot be transferred to the CSR.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.