Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHOA! NFCU CC Payments...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHOA! NFCU CC Payments...

Sharing a word from the (now) wise(r)!!!!

I rave about NFCU and will continue to... esp after this little incident...

When you bank with NFCU, all your accounts are viewable on one webpage, and you can transfer your payments to accounts with just a few clicks... this is great, IF you are careful and select the right account! I made a large payment to the WRONG CC account... and didn't notice my mistake until 20 days past the due date! I logged in today just to take a sniff around my accounts, and boy was I shocked to see a $20 late fee on my nRewards account, and an unusually high balance... I panicked & checked to see my pmt had been made, and it had, only to the MC account..... ARRGH.

I was completely flipping out, and called the 888-number right away... they were able to transfer my payment back to the correct card in a 2-minute phone call, and everything's hunky-dory now.

My only very minor complaint, is that I've never gotten any correspondence from them stating my pmt was late??? No email, snail mail, or voicemail, which surprises me. I guess they wait til you're really truly late (30 days) to fire a warning shot??

....if I hadn't logged in just to putz around the accounts.... YIKES...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: WHOA! NFCU CC Payments...

Are you a "paperless" customer, like me? I never receive any paperwork from NFCU, and I love it. I also like the fact all your accounts are on 1 page when you log on. And I really like how easy it is to move $$ around from account to account - even to/from external accounts.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, not paperless for the CC accounts... that's what is so weird to me. Our checking, auto loan, private loan are all paperless, but CCs are not... I get the statements no problem, so it's really strange.

We like the tx's to external accounts, too... very helpful for sending emergency money to the older kids when they get in a bind... (((((and even though it tells you it takes about 1 week before you can make online tx's to new external accounts, if you call the 888- number, you can do it immediately!!)))))

BUT the simplicity of those transfers is what goofed me up! Click one wrong button and you're in danger!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know what you mean about futzing around--sometimes I feel like I'm way overdoing it with checking my accounts all the time, but then one month I was POSITIVE I'd paid my car insurance, but no! And I didn't notice until the day the next one was due, making the first one 30 days late. I called, and the guy actually ran to another floor in the building and pulled my account from some pile (or something). I was on hold for like 15 minutes and he came back panting. But he reinstated everything (the account had been suspended) and fixed it!

Good customer service is always appreciated!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I give them an A+ for their customer service.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.