Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY MACY'S ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVES SET DIFFERENT GUIDELINES FOR CLI'S

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

WHY MACY'S ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVES SET DIFFERENT GUIDELINES FOR CLI'S

Today I called for a guideline increase on my Macy's store charge account as it has been 3 months.  I was granted an increase of $1,600.00 which was a shocker to me and with NO HARD PULL and believe me I mentioned  two times to the rep that I was requesting a gli without a hard inquiry.  The rep over the phone told me she does not go through all that with credit checks for gli's.  So now I am at $4,800.00 cl my highest on any of my cards, I guess it was my lucky day with this rep.  What puzzles me is I read other threads on how other reps are stating they need to do a hard pulls now for gli's, even now new regulations with Macy's you have to wait six months instead of three, other people going through alot of hassle for gli's. I would like to know what is the actual policy with Macy's gli's or are the account reps not to informed and people wanting gli's are being affected in the process.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WHY MACY'S ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVES SET DIFFERENT GUIDELINES FOR CLI'S

it's just a perfect example of people don't know there own job.  Maybe we should be blaming the training at Macy's credit and not the individuals but GLI Policies with Macy's are:

3 Months Store card

6 months Visa

NO HARD PULL 

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WHY MACY'S ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVES SET DIFFERENT GUIDELINES FOR CLI'S

oh and another thing, you don't have to take what they offer, you can tell them you were looking for more and then I think they click a different button and they get a different offer.

2 increase ago I was at $5k on my store and they offered $700, I said I was looking for more like $2500 to take me to $7500, she put me on hold for a second and said actually the system is offering you $5000 to take you to $10,000, would you like that? 

now that I'm as high as I am last time I didn't ask to be doubled, but up till I hate $10k I always asked for double my then current CL on both store and visa and got it 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.