Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL IT HURT MY SCORE

tag
alsawye
Contributor

Re: WILL IT HURT MY SCORE

yeah part of reason score is low is due to my oldest accts are 2 yrs 3 months, and march was the first month reported under 5% prior to that i was at like 95% and both collections were unpaid, and scores were under 600
Message Edited by alsawye on 03-31-2009 07:07 AM
Message 11 of 21
alsawye
Contributor

so, in everyone's opinion would it be better to wait on the app for CLI to get some history built up of low util
Message 12 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

You have good cards. I would just focus on making payments on-time for right now and asking for CLI's when the economy starts getting better. Payment history is a big part of your credit report and now is the perfect time to work on it.

Also, since you paid for the collections, did you try arranging a PFD (Pay For Delete)?

Message 13 of 21
alsawye
Contributor

i didnt know i could do that, can i still call them back and ask em too
Message 14 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

It's probably too late because they would've done anything to get their money from you.
Message 15 of 21
alsawye
Contributor

yeah probably especially considering i called and volunteered to pay the amount due.... kinda naive but wanted it paid so it would stop haunting me
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can send a goodwill letter to the collection agencies requesting they remove the derogatory items from your CR. Many will not, but its worth a try!!

Message 17 of 21
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

you can send a goodwill letter to the collection agencies requesting they remove the derogatory items from your CR. Many will not, but its worth a try!!

Good idea!
Message 18 of 21
Established Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good idea!

Make sure that you state (in the letter) that

you voluntarily called them and offered to pay in full. 

Message 19 of 21
alsawye
Contributor

ok so in other words use that to my advantage, and also is there anywhere i can find an outline for a goodwill letter and who i should send it to (ie. gen mail, or specific person)
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.