cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL having open disputes keep a CC from being approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WILL having open disputes keep a CC from being approved?

I was pre-approved for a unsecured cc from capital one(big step from only my secured card). when I filled out the online application it said I was approved and the card, and limit would be mailed in the mail in 7-10 days. But Ive read that if you have open disputes that it can keep credit applications from going through

does anyone have experience with this, do you think im safe since it said approved?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WILL having open disputes keep a CC from being approved?

Think that you are all set.  I have an open dispute also and just got a CC too.  I wouldn't be worried about it.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, that made me feel better. I was going to be sick if I wasted a hard inquiry on a non-approval.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope you're good.  I had many disputes and possibly one open when I got my Capital One card.  Be good to it and congrats on the new CC. Hopefully my Capital one starts growing with me.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive read on here that open disputes can keep from getting a mortgage approved so my question is when is a safe time to stop disputes and request the open ones to close before I apply for  a loan?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your card also! Im only going to put less than 10% on a month and pif every month like I have with my secured cards. Trust me after getting this far and rebuilding after a divorce my cards are for credit building purposes only not for buying things i dont need. Wish i knew then what I know now!!! but thanks to this site im learning more and more everyday.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! You were right Iluvmyfico I was approved and it went through with the credit disputes. Its only for 300 CL but hey its a start considering its the first unsecured cc ive had in over 5 years!

thanks for your help

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE! You were right Iluvmyfico I was approved and it went through with the credit disputes. Its only for 300 CL but hey its a start considering its the first unsecured cc ive had in over 5 years!

thanks for your help

Haha I was finally right, mind calling my GF and telling her??!?Smiley Wink

Capital One is a great card for rebuilding.  And they do offer many Prime cards when you are ready.

Congrats again.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry but the GF are always right, lol But at least you were right this time!!! haha

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.