Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMC to WEMC..??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WMC to WEMC..??

So like the visa signature, it's been said that u need a $5k limit to get a World Elite MasterCard ...  What if u combine limits? Anyone have success converting a WMC to a WEMC?

My Barclay Arrival Plus originally had an approval limit of $3.5k, but through CL transfers now has $12.6k and has had a LOT of use. Think they'd upgrade me or make me re-apply? 

Anyone ever get upgraded by asking or auto?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: WMC to WEMC..??

Not necessary .. My WEMC qs1from CapOne and Barclays Arrival+ are both at 3k limit each. You can try to call Barclays and do a product change to the Arrival+, which is the WEMC. I converted my Platinum Reward MC to Arrival+ WEMC- process was painless!
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's my problem. I applied for and was originally approved for the arrival plus ELITE and even got some paperwork that said elite. Then it came and was regular and not the shiny silver elite MasterCard symbol. This was right as they were transitioning to Elite (offering it at all). I called and called and no one knew why it wasn't elite, nor could they help me change it. It's been a few months and since I've acquired a few inquiries.... Even so, the card has been well used. They couldn't help me before so I don't know it's worth calling again... That's why I'm wondering if anyone has ever had success upgrading, if that's even possible...

Message 3 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

@RCFL wrote:
Not necessary .. My WEMC qs1from CapOne and Barclays Arrival+ are both at 3k limit each. You can try to call Barclays and do a product change to the Arrival+, which is the WEMC. I converted my Platinum Reward MC to Arrival+ WEMC- process was painless!

RCFL, do you have a World Mastercard, or World Elite Mastercard quicksilver?  I have the WMC, and hadn't heard they were offering a WEMC.  If they are, I want to upgrade...

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear, I have the arrival plus....annual fee and all.... And it came as the lesser version... Arrival plus world MasterCard but it is not the elite. I want to know if anyone has ever upgraded from regular world to elite or visa to visa signature without product changing.  The site doesn't let me apply for the arrival plus world elite as it says I already have an arrival plus...

Message 5 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To be clear, I have the arrival plus....annual fee and all.... And it came as the lesser version... Arrival plus world MasterCard but it is not the elite. I want to know if anyone has ever upgraded from regular world to elite or visa to visa signature without product changing.  The site doesn't let me apply for the arrival plus world elite as it says I already have an arrival plus...

Chase upgraded me from Visa to Visa Signature, without a product change...  but I would compare that to WMC, not the WEMC.  I was stoked to hear about the no fee Cap1 WEMC until I saw in the fine print that it's GM rewards, not cash.  

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they can approve u for a lesser version of the card, but I'm not sure the criteria for changing once u have the lesser version to be upgraded

Message 7 of 21
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

@ p-

No, I used to have the QS1 MasterCard .. not even the WORLD status..  4 months into it and they sent me a letter that said they are upgrading me to the WEMC version since I am such a value customer. But prior to the letter I got from them, I did went online chat and asked them about the possiblity of upgrading my QS1 to the WORLD version and they said they don't have the WORLD version for that or they don't do upgrade. A few days later, when i went online to check my balance I noticed that the name of the account is WORLD ELITE Mastercard. I don't know if it matters but I spent around 5k in the first 3 months of having the card. 

Message 8 of 21
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think you can call and request the upgrade. They are doing auto upgrades. I received an email from them yesterday:It may be based on usage. I have had my Arrival for 6 months and if have run an average of $5k through it per month.

image.jpg

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, there's the answer right there! Thanks. I run like $15k through a month but got it in April so 6 months is next month (October). When u got the upgrade, any other credit changes? Scores, inquiries, etc...?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.