Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOO-HOO!!! GW SUCESS!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOO-HOO!!! GW SUCESS!!!!!

I just got through pulling my credit scores through TruCredit. 
I was ECSTATIC to see my Experian score JUMPED Smiley Very Happy
68 POINTS!!!!! 

I mailed off two GW letters on March 26th - one credit card company removed one 30 day late payment from the fall of 04, the second credit card company removed one 30 day late and one 60 day late from the fall of 04. 

I can't wait to see if my scores will jump with TU and Equifax too! 

I really was suprised that my scores didn't plummet - I found that another baddie (tax lien) was added - thanks to a stupid, deadbeat Ex.

Life should not be lived, 
                                                   it should be CELEBRATED!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: WOO-HOO!!! GW SUCESS!!!!!

Congrats. May I ask which company removed this late for you?
Message 2 of 10
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I'm also interested as to which company you had the GW success with. I've tried GWs with no luck.
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Who were the companies? (if you dont mind me asking) Boy obviously i am not reading all the posts.

Message Edited by chiwiseguy on 04-26-2008 02:15 PM
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The two cards were both GEMB, the first JC Penneys, the second Lowes. 

I just put in my letter that these were the only times that I was late, I don't remember why I missed those payments but have since received multiple CLI (on JCP) and 99% of the time I pay more than the minimum. 

I just checed my credit scores again... Lowes was off my TU report, but not JPC - score increase... a disappointing 6 points, but then again, a six point increase is better than nothing! 

JCP was the one with one 30 and one 60 so once it comes off TU then I should see a bigger increase. 

Still waiting for Equifax to update and remove the lates as well. 

Good luck to you all.  I never thought I could increase my score by just writing a few letters. 

Message Edited by tersen on 04-27-2008 05:28 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS...BUT WHAT SCORES JUMPED...TRUCREDIT (FAKO)..OR MYFICO (FICO)...ANY WAY IT GOES...THAT'S GREAT...BUT FICO IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS....
Message 7 of 10
SchwayCred
Established Member

Congratulations! That is great! This is very inspiring. I have two baddies left on my own CR--one collection that I've paid and am now disputing, and a settlement years ago with MBNA. Once I can get the CA off, I'm going to try GW'ing MBNA. I hope I have as good a result as you did! Great job!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores on TruCredit jumped.... I haven't been paying that close to my scores on MYFico... regardless, my scores are a max of 12 point difference either way between TruCredit & MyFICO. 

Message Edited by tersen on 04-27-2008 06:17 PM
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats.

Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

Sovi
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.