Regular Contributor
heatherskib

WOOHOO! Macys goodwill response

I got my response from Macys last night.  They have agreed to remove all negative information from my credit report. 
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

Re: WOOHOO! Macys goodwill response

Outstanding, heatherskib!

Congrats!

Senior Contributor
score_building

awesome, WTG!  they're good like that :smileyhappy:
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (WALMART)
Frequent Contributor
charliebrown1370

Far Out! Congratulations!

Starting Score: EQ 618 TU 585
Current Score: EQ 680 TU 698 EX 681 (lender pull 04/2010)
Goal Score: EQ 720 TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

Good work. I know it can be hard to do...a humbling thing to ask.

Doesn't it feel good when it comes to pass?

My husband had a string of 8 lates showing on EQ because of a late payment he made years ago with a different creditor. He didn't catch up for quite some time, so the lates kept coming. (We weren't monitoring our credit then...big mistake.) My husband asked for them to delete the lates...and all were removed. It took a while for him to work up the nerve to ask, but it worked!

Thanks for posting this. It may get someone to make a move that they have been contemplating and ask for goodwill removals.

Super Contributor
DI

Congrats!
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

Congrats!!!  Every baddie gone is one step closer to a higher FICO! :smileyvery-happy:   Was it on all 3??  (even better to be outta here!)

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 EQ 717 EX 702
Current Score: 04/2013 TU 744 EQ 720 EX 712
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Bury me in the garden...last app 03.31.13
Regular Contributor
heatherskib

They said they would remove the late pays and change to paid as agreed on all 3 reports.   Hopefully this means that my transunion socre will move a little too!  Ir's been stuck at a 581 for months.
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

heatherskib wrote:
They said they would remove the late pays and change to paid as agreed on all 3 reports.   Hopefully this means that my transunion socre will move a little too!  Ir's been stuck at a 581 for months.

Be sure to keep us up on the status.... go heatherskib!!!!!  You're on a roll!!!

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 EQ 717 EX 702
Current Score: 04/2013 TU 744 EQ 720 EX 712
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Bury me in the garden...last app 03.31.13
Regular Contributor
heatherskib

Due to popular request, here's the contact fax # I used, and a copy of my GW letter.

fax # 513-573-2898 attention Department C

Macy’s Credit Reporting Department
PO Box 8118
Mason, OH 45040
 January 25, 2010 Re:  NameSocial Security number Acct #

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am disputing the charge off of my Macy’s Credit Card due to the fact that the local Macy’s store did not process the refund of two cosmetic items to my account.  I request an investigation of my account and the circumstances leading to it’s being charged –off.  Please send the results of this investigation to Me at Address
 I purchased some cosmetics on Macys.com in August 2008, and I returned them soon after I received them to my local Macy’s store.  I thought that they would simply be recharged to my account and that the return hadn’t shown yet for some reason.  Because of this return I thought that my account was had a $0.00 balance, and did not require my attention and did not think anything of it. During this period my husband lost his job and we were evicted due to our landlords entering foreclosure.  Unfortunately I lost track of the account, and the next time I checked on it the account was in default and had been sent to a collection agency. I am disputing this charge-off due to the fact that the local Macy’s store did not process the refund to my account.   The account was paid to the collection agency on September 2, 2009.  

Sincerely,     me

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+