Did you mean: 

WOW Bank of America REP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW Bank of America REP

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
that is true but that doesn't mean while the account is reporting that it isn't effecting things but yes all you have to do is call and ask to be removed
To help alleviate confusion.. I think I can help you interpret.  What I believe she is saying is "I misspoke and said that an account does not affect your FICO score if you are an AU.  I was wrong."
 As far as has been determined to date (and tested repeatedly), if you are the AU on an account and it reports 99% utilization, it will negatively affect your score.  You can undue this damage by removing the account from the report, but you need to be careful since you may not be able to have it re-reported in the future if you change your mind or the situation changes.  YMMV. 
Please keep us in the loop if you do ultimately have the account removed from your report.  I'd be curious what affect it has on your score, and it may serve to prove DI right, and me wrong!  I welcome and encourage any experiment that leads to new information for the community, even when it proves I am an idiot!  

If I may,

I was an AU on my girlfriends CC and she maxed it out, allowed it to go delinquent and CO. I removed my self from her CC and realized a substantial point jump. AUs count.

CB

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW Bank of America REP

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
that is true but that doesn't mean while the account is reporting that it isn't effecting things but yes all you have to do is call and ask to be removed
To help alleviate confusion.. I think I can help you interpret.  What I believe she is saying is "I misspoke and said that an account does not affect your FICO score if you are an AU.  I was wrong."
 As far as has been determined to date (and tested repeatedly), if you are the AU on an account and it reports 99% utilization, it will negatively affect your score.  You can undue this damage by removing the account from the report, but you need to be careful since you may not be able to have it re-reported in the future if you change your mind or the situation changes.  YMMV. 
Please keep us in the loop if you do ultimately have the account removed from your report.  I'd be curious what affect it has on your score, and it may serve to prove DI right, and me wrong!  I welcome and encourage any experiment that leads to new information for the community, even when it proves I am an idiot!  

If I may,

I was an AU on my girlfriends CC and she maxed it out, allowed it to go delinquent and CO. I removed my self from her CC and realized a substantial point jump. AUs count.

CB

+1

That doesn't seem to be very "subliminal" to me.. YMMV

My personal experience, from a BoA card... I use it to help my AAoA when the balance is zero or low ($10k CL, 14 year history), and when I need to "hide" money to help my util (lot of debt to pay off!), I remove it from my report.  Then I request to have it added again once the balance is paid down.

I am sure, at some point, I will run into the issues others have had where the CRs will stop adding the account after it has been dropped in the past, but I have had good luck with BoA regarding reporting.  I typically see ~20 point swing when I add or drop it.

AU's count, and the previous information posted by an individual is not substantiated or correct.  IMHO. (and experience).

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.