Reply
New Contributor
joeyh2007
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
0

WOW! Barclays already reporting!

I posted 4 days ago about being approved for their Apple Financing card. I checked Citi's Identity Monitor this morning to see that Barclays is already reporting my new TL. That's great for me because it shows $2500 extra credit to lower my util quicker than I thought. Finally after paying off some balances and getting new cards, I lowered my util to 40% with a total of $13,000 credit total plus my Amex Zync.

 

Actually I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this from barclays before since this is really fast and I'm still waiting for my discover to appear and its 45 days old already.

In my wallet: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Zync NPSL, Amex SPG $1000, CSP: $9000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $5000, First Financial Bank: $5500, Discover More: $6000, Barclays Apple Financing: $3500, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!


joeyh2007 wrote:

I posted 4 days ago about being approved for their Apple Financing card. I checked Citi's Identity Monitor this morning to see that Barclays is already reporting my new TL. That's great for me because it shows $2500 extra credit to lower my util quicker than I thought. Finally after paying off some balances and getting new cards, I lowered my util to 40% with a total of $13,000 credit total plus my Amex Zync.

 

Actually I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this from barclays before since this is really fast and I'm still waiting for my discover to appear and its 45 days old already.


Mine reported 2 days after I opened it with EX, a couple days later on EQ/TU.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
New Contributor
joeyh2007
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!

Exactly, it reported to EX first.

In my wallet: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Zync NPSL, Amex SPG $1000, CSP: $9000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $5000, First Financial Bank: $5500, Discover More: $6000, Barclays Apple Financing: $3500, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 4,194
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!

It's great to lower utility, but horrible during app sprees!  

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!


Open123 wrote:

It's great to lower utility, but horrible during app sprees!  


I think that's YMMV, as long as your treating them and the other accounts good and no recent derogs they will leave you alone.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!

That's how it was when I got my Travelocity Amex w Barclay's; within a day of my recon call, the account appeared on all three reports with my initial credit line, and the soft inquiries from the recon showed also!

Weird though... Had Chase Freedom over two weeks now... First statement at $0, due 9-17-12, and is NOT showing on my CRs:-/

It seems like everything lenders do is risk-correlated...like delaying reporting to keep your score lower/make you seem riskier.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,662
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!

Don't feel too bad. My cap1 just reported avout a weel after my second statement :-)
>
Established Contributor
jordanmedical
Posts: 1,011
Registered: ‎04-08-2012
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!

My Cap One first reported a few days after my 2nd statement too, they are super slow.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!

Barclays reports very very fast. 1 week for me in TU

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
New Contributor
LilNYC
Posts: 184
Registered: ‎07-08-2012
0

Re: WOW! Barclays already reporting!


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's how it was when I got my Travelocity Amex w Barclay's; within a day of my recon call, the account appeared on all three reports with my initial credit line, and the soft inquiries from the recon showed also!

Weird though... Had Chase Freedom over two weeks now... First statement at $0, due 9-17-12, and is NOT showing on my CRs:-/

It seems like everything lenders do is risk-correlated...like delaying reporting to keep your score lower/make you seem riskier.

My Chase Freedom started reporting to all 3 bureaus really quickly, before they even mailed my first statement! I literally found out my min. pament amt from my Eperian credit report.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}