Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

Wow.... I did not think this would really happen.  I was one of those who jumped on the bandwagon back in March when unknown_entity  posted about Cap 1 Promotion.  The one where you tell them that you want to make C1 the # 1 card in your wallet.  Some people made fun of us for calling in, but many of us got at least a $500.00 CLI, which was a shocker for me since I was in the Credit Steps Program and was sent a letter stating that I would get a $250.00 increase sometime after my third statement.

Well, I  was granted the $500.00 after my second statement and unknown_entity  kept stating that I would still get an auto CLI, but it would be for $500.00 instead of $250.  I have been calling Cap 1 for weeks and no one could confirm that I would still get an auto CLI.  Infact, the last person I spoke to said that I was no longer eligible for the CSP since I had taken advantage of the promotion in March.  Smiley Sad

Well, as part of trying to deal with my new credit obsession, I had decided to not call ANY CCC to ask for CLI!  Today, I logged in and was a bit confused about my available credit...... Then I looked and saw I had gotten another $500.00 CLI. Smiley Very Happy That is $1000 in CLIs in just a little over 4 months of having the account!  Whew, now I can buy lunch.  I am a lil short on cash!

Gotta get to work now!

Message Edited by Changingmantra on 05-13-2008 05:11 AM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

Nice!!!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

WtGSmiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

SWEEEEEEET!!!  Capital One is very predictable when it comes to their policies.  Congrats!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I also got a CLI by calling the backdoor number and then using the Credit Steps.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 13
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Nice job! I got the auto after three months... Now Im waiting for my chase card so I can back door them and aske them to be competative... maybe that will work.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 6 of 13
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Thanks for the Congrats and for all of the insight and feedback here that has been helping me to rebuild!

CM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats! I also got a CLI by calling the backdoor number and then using the Credit Steps.

what do you mean "using" credit steps, where you in the program, or did you inquire about it,

I have a prime card($500/max $10K) that I cooked up in the cardlab in nov with %2 on travel and entertaiment
compare to to my other cards %2 is the lowest paying for special purchase, but offers more standred ways to get that %2 than any other card, so I figure it i would make an ideal primary card , in order
to supplement the lower but more flexiable 2%

Now my statements  the 2nd or 3rd of the month with due dates 27-28, I'm running $210-$300~ each month.

This month I called to get a skip payment on the autopay plan, cause there system the the autopay always is done unadjusted, regardless to previous credits/payments appiled to the account,

The account will 6 months old in june, so I'm hoping for a increase on the statement, if not, I will call when I run low on credit and mention credit steps
Message 8 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

what do you mean "using" credit steps, where you in the program, or did you inquire about it,
I have a prime card($500/max $10K) that I cooked up in the cardlab in nov with %2 on travel and entertaiment
compare to to my other cards %2 is the lowest paying for special purchase, but offers more standred ways to get that %2 than any other card, so I figure it i would make an ideal primary card , in order
to supplement the lower but more flexiable 2%
Now my statements the 2nd or 3rd of the month with due dates 27-28, I'm running $210-$300~ each month.
This month I called to get a skip payment on the autopay plan, cause there system the the autopay always is done unadjusted, regardless to previous credits/payments appiled to the account,
The account will 6 months old in june, so I'm hoping for a increase on the statement, if not, I will call when I run low on credit and mention credit steps

Yes, I was in the Credit Steps program. Sorry for the confusion.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 13
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

how do you know if you're eligible for credit steps?  i recently got a cap 1 (300 CL) no hassles rewards in late april 08, but didn't get anything about 'credit steps.'  did cap 1 notify you of that right away?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.