Established Contributor
Changingmantra

WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

[ Edited ]
Wow.... I did not think this would really happen.  I was one of those who jumped on the bandwagon back in March when unknown_entity  posted about Cap 1 Promotion.  The one where you tell them that you want to make C1 the # 1 card in your wallet.  Some people made fun of us for calling in, but many of us got at least a $500.00 CLI, which was a shocker for me since I was in the Credit Steps Program and was sent a letter stating that I would get a $250.00 increase sometime after my third statement.

Well, I  was granted the $500.00 after my second statement and unknown_entity  kept stating that I would still get an auto CLI, but it would be for $500.00 instead of $250.  I have been calling Cap 1 for weeks and no one could confirm that I would still get an auto CLI.  Infact, the last person I spoke to said that I was no longer eligible for the CSP since I had taken advantage of the promotion in March.  :smileysad:

Well, as part of trying to deal with my new credit obsession, I had decided to not call ANY CCC to ask for CLI!  Today, I logged in and was a bit confused about my available credit...... Then I looked and saw I had gotten another $500.00 CLI. :smileyvery-happy: That is $1000 in CLIs in just a little over 4 months of having the account!  Whew, now I can buy lunch.  I am a lil short on cash!

Gotta get to work now!

Message Edited by Changingmantra on 05-13-2008 05:11 AM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Contributor
jennhalcyon

Re: WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

Nice!!!
Frequent Contributor
maxima1

WtG:smileyvery-happy:
GOAL FOR 2010 Paying Down Debt .........653 EQ 685TU EXP???
Established Contributor
unknown_entity

SWEEEEEEET!!!  Capital One is very predictable when it comes to their policies.  Congrats!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Congrats! I also got a CLI by calling the backdoor number and then using the Credit Steps.
Here we go again...
Established Contributor
Jesedmotherof5

Nice job! I got the auto after three months... Now Im waiting for my chase card so I can back door them and aske them to be competative... maybe that will work.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Established Contributor
Changingmantra

Thanks for the Congrats and for all of the insight and feedback here that has been helping me to rebuild!

CM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Established Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats! I also got a CLI by calling the backdoor number and then using the Credit Steps.

what do you mean "using" credit steps, where you in the program, or did you inquire about it,

I have a prime card($500/max $10K) that I cooked up in the cardlab in nov with %2 on travel and entertaiment
compare to to my other cards %2 is the lowest paying for special purchase, but offers more standred ways to get that %2 than any other card, so I figure it i would make an ideal primary card , in order
to supplement the lower but more flexiable 2%

Now my statements  the 2nd or 3rd of the month with due dates 27-28, I'm running $210-$300~ each month.

This month I called to get a skip payment on the autopay plan, cause there system the the autopay always is done unadjusted, regardless to previous credits/payments appiled to the account,

The account will 6 months old in june, so I'm hoping for a increase on the statement, if not, I will call when I run low on credit and mention credit steps
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

rbbyrbsn wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

what do you mean "using" credit steps, where you in the program, or did you inquire about it,
I have a prime card($500/max $10K) that I cooked up in the cardlab in nov with %2 on travel and entertaiment
compare to to my other cards %2 is the lowest paying for special purchase, but offers more standred ways to get that %2 than any other card, so I figure it i would make an ideal primary card , in order
to supplement the lower but more flexiable 2%
Now my statements the 2nd or 3rd of the month with due dates 27-28, I'm running $210-$300~ each month.
This month I called to get a skip payment on the autopay plan, cause there system the the autopay always is done unadjusted, regardless to previous credits/payments appiled to the account,
The account will 6 months old in june, so I'm hoping for a increase on the statement, if not, I will call when I run low on credit and mention credit steps

Yes, I was in the Credit Steps program. Sorry for the confusion.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

how do you know if you're eligible for credit steps?  i recently got a cap 1 (300 CL) no hassles rewards in late april 08, but didn't get anything about 'credit steps.'  did cap 1 notify you of that right away?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+