Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: WOW! Cap 1 Auto Increase

creditreformer wrote:
how do you know if you're eligible for credit steps? i recently got a cap 1 (300 CL) no hassles rewards in late april 08, but didn't get anything about 'credit steps.' did cap 1 notify you of that right away?

I've seen a lot of people get a letter in the mail informing them of it. Myself included.
Here we go again...
Established Contributor
Changingmantra

They sent me a mailing after I had called 1 or 2 times requesting a CLI.  I got the brochure saying something like, "Want to Increase Your Credit Line... Follow These Steps.'  Something like tha... along with a letter stating the so long as I used the card and had 3 consecutive timely payments, I would get a CLI of 250.00. 

I do not know if the CSP go beyond this... some other people might be able to say if they got another auto after the 6 or 7th month.  I have the No Hassle Points card.

creditreformer wrote:
how do you know if you're eligible for credit steps?  i recently got a cap 1 (300 CL) no hassles rewards in late april 08, but didn't get anything about 'credit steps.'  did cap 1 notify you of that right away?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Moderator Emeritus
WhirledPeasPlease

I called and got a CLI, taking acct from 3k to 3750 at or around the 2 month mark.  Less than a month later I got the credit steps to 4250.

I'm sure I made at least 3 payments to qualify.  Let's hope I end up at an even 5k or larger next time.  (I dislike funky amounts.)

Congrats on your increase!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}