Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! Cap1 Venture CS surprised me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Cap1 Venture CS surprised me

General Credit Card Chit-Chat 

I got a Venture about two weeks ago. I was at HD buying a washer and dryer as mine recently bit the dust. Total transaction $4,321. Swipped my Venture card denied, Ok assuming the CSR there entered code on the back wrong. Tried again declined. Ok whatever ran it on my SPG card to hit the bonus there. 

So today I get a call from capital one fraud prevention. They had to verify my phone number and make sure it was me using the card etc. I said I have been using the card for two weeks and now you care? After the Verification was complete to my suprise the CSR started asking about what I did about the transaction. Did you use another credit card? What credit card did you use? I explained to him how I wanted to use the venture as its sign up bonus was great etc....He put me on hold....Not only did he give me the miles for the 4k transaction he also said he will add the 40k bonus miles since it was me using the card and it was Cap ones fault it got declined. 

Any one esle have any good Cap1 experiences because all I hear is how much people dislike them. 

^ That is customer service. 

Not like Chase where I have to agure to get my bonus point through there portal. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: WOW! Cap1 Venture CS surprised me

Great stuff!
Message 2 of 20
Calistal
Regular Contributor

That's really awesome!  I know I've had pretty much nothing but good experiences with them.  Considering my report and the bad stuff I did to it several, several years ago - they've been kind to me.   Yay CapOne! XD

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
Message 3 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

Wow, I think Cap1 is changing and doing better things now than a year ago. That is great service after a bad experience.

Message 4 of 20
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a Venture about two weeks ago. I was at HD buying a washer and dryer as mine recently bit the dust. Total transaction $4,321. Swipped my Venture card denied, Ok assuming the CSR there entered code on the back wrong. Tried again declined. Ok whatever ran it on my SPG card to hit the bonus there. 

So today I get a call from capital one fraud prevention. They had to verify my phone number and make sure it was me using the card etc. I said I have been using the card for two weeks and now you care? After the Verification was complete to my suprise the CSR started asking about what I did about the transaction. Did you use another credit card? What credit card did you use? I explained to him how I wanted to use the venture as its sign up bonus was great etc....He put me on hold....Not only did he give me the miles for the 4k transaction he also said he will add the 40k bonus miles since it was me using the card and it was Cap ones fault it got declined. 

Any one esle have any good Cap1 experiences because all I hear is how much people dislike them. 

Not like Chase where I have to agure to get my bonus point through there portal. 

I hope the 40K bonusmiles they gave you, will teach Capital One a lesson.

Message 5 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, now that's excellent customer service.
Message 6 of 20
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Wow that IS great. Makes me feel better in my decision to not close the Venture One

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap one stepping up.  That is one way to build a reputation.  It seems clear they have tiered target markets because everything about the venture seems out of traditional cap one character.  Good for them and you.  I hope it continues.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope the 40K bonusmiles they gave you, will teach Capital One a lesson.

I wasnt expecting it. Hopefully they will do verification before hand if they issue cards. I mean i have been using the card for 2 weeks and already ran 1 grand through it. Just sorta silly I guess. I linked the cards to my account, I have called on it already. But hey I will see if they make good. He said 24 hours and they should be in my account tomarrow. I will post a Screen shot when it gets added. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.