Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW Citi Fico

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW Citi Fico

I mean I have been excited to see partners score a 796 through denial letters with Amex but upon checking his Citi I see this:

Your FICO® Score is 820
as of 04/21/2015
Congratulations – You have an exceptional FICO® Score.

Funny he was denied State Farm Business Card and we are having issues getting a Bank Of America Business Card! oh and currently reconning a denial for a business blue amex... Fico and banks are so weird... I seem to have better luck reconning apps with ALL my inq's and new accounts but someone like him up in the 800 has 6-8 new accounts and the banks FREAK!
I don't get the thinking that someone with an 800 shouldn't be applying for credit because they make a lot of money... they are the ones that keep changing to different reward programs and don't allow product changes!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW Citi Fico

Congrats to Dear Partner on the 820. Sucks about the issues getting the business cards. Maybe he'll have better luck in 6 months?

ETA: Fixed spelling error.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is an EQ score....

Message 3 of 11
EW800
Valued Contributor

Love that score!  Congratulations!  

Do I remember correctly that this is the BankCard Enhanced score that Citi offers?

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 11
EW800
Valued Contributor

My bad...  Saw the 900 max and saw my answer.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Do I remember correctly that this is the BankCard Enhanced score that Citi offers?

oh so the 796 EX from amex is more accurate?!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

It's more accurate in terms of giving you the standard FICO 08 score

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Fico!  A-W-E-S-O-M-E!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@EW800 wrote:

Yes. This is the Equifax Bankcard Score 8 model. 

Edited 'cuz I messed up the first time.

Message 9 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

More accurate for what?  They're different models and different CRA's.  AmEx EX is accurate for EX 8.  Citi is accurate for EQ 8 BankCard.  You can't just use different scores from different CRA's interchangeably.  More accurate all depends on what model and CRA a given creditor uses.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.