cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!! DISCOVER is really at it: BF's ACCOUNT CLOSED !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW!! DISCOVER is really at it: BF's ACCOUNT CLOSED !!!

@Involver wrote:

Just for laughs after reading this thread I decided to request a CLI and got $4000 SP.

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 98
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Lol of course you did they have 11500$ extra to hand out lol
Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 42 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

oilcan (myfico member) received a large CLI to $45,000 on Discover yesterday, and EW800 reported a Discover CLI to $47,000 just the day before. I think Discover is rewarding its customers as it generally has. Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver Nicely done!

Don't mean to hijack this thread with positive firsthand news, but congrats!! Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 98
Septrosh
New Contributor

This is certainly interesting but nothing I would be concerned about. Discover is usually very generous and has outstanding customer service. Sounds like the overall CL and recent inquiries certainly scared them. Best of luck to your friend.
Message 45 of 98
tcbofade
Super Contributor

So, Discover is a bit bi-polar?

My wife has had the card since 2013, and we have not been impressed.

I just got my first Discover last month... decent CL, not my largest or smallest, and we'll see how they treat me....

OP, thanks for the heads up...  these things happen.  Good luck to your friend!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 46 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count me in the Discover fan club.  I have to admite, I'd probably react the same way Discover did. 

Here's the simplistic way I look at it. Say you had a friend that asked you to borrow several thousand bucks.  Now,  you are close enough friends that you know he makes 80k a year and he's paid you back in the past so you agree to loan him the money. You come up with payment terms that you both agree on. Everything is going fine over the course of the next few months, however, you notice him asking other friends to borrow money. You don't mind because he is still paying you( as well as them) back when he says he will. Still, you're wondering if he's paying you back by borrowing money from other friends.  You start to wonder why he needs to borrow so much money if he has such a great job.  Suddenly you investigate and ralize that over the course of a year, not only had this friend borrowed money from you, he's borrowed money from at least 10 other friends.  Would the option be open if your friend wanted to borrow more money from you even if he paid you back on time? The anxiety wouldn't be worth it to me. 

Message 47 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IMO it does no good to share secondhand stories where not all pertinent facts are known.
All it does is stir things up.

Enjoy your day! Smiley Happy

Very well said. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 98
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As noted the Analyst told him that they're stepping up reviews this quarter and many accounts will be scrutinized. So something is changing it seems over there

The thing that's changing could be that Discover is trying to eliminate unnecessary risk in order to protect its fairly generous rewards and card benefits. They may not necessarily want people who continuously open new cards (10 in one year is a LOT), which both by itself and as indication of rewards/bonus chasing, can be considered risky behavior.

This happens. Just like sometimes we like to pare down our cards, lenders sometimes like to do spring cleaning as well.

Message 49 of 98
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Ok, besides me who else opend another tab just to 'check' their Discover credit line?

Intact! and I do not mind posts like this to remind me that the banks are always watching.

Message 50 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.