cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!! DISCOVER is really at it: BF's ACCOUNT CLOSED !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW!! DISCOVER is really at it: BF's ACCOUNT CLOSED !!!

I awoke to a message from Discover my CL was cut from $3K to $2.4K "after review".

They're loss, just not that important to me. One of my lowest CLs of 25-30 cards, rarely used, except when 5% cash back on gas. Being the "red-headed stepchild" of CCs I'm surprised they take these actions.

Phtttt, who cares...

Message 81 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover doesn't care.

Message 82 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover doesn't care.

LOL, neither do I

Message 83 of 98
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@motoleo (Mod Cut-This is nonFSR and flaming in nature please stop this kind of posting) Discover bank is going to flourish without your business and could care less they lost you as a customer. Time to move on with your life.

Message 84 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

^
I consider myself humbled. I will close my discover acct immediately. (in case you sarcasm detector is broken, YES)
Message 85 of 98
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

🤔🤔🤔😩😩😩😩🙈🙈🙈LMAO ooooohhhhhh nooooooooo don't tell me MJ or Sunrise is about to "intervene" and throw away the keys🔑🔑🔑😂😂😂😂😂

Can't see this ending good 💥💥🔒🔒🔒😂😂

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 86 of 98
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry that is petty slashing you from 3k to 2400$ seems pointless.

But I will agree unless your net worth is super high banks don't care to lose you and like you said you only use them for bonus categories your costing them money so they found a way to mitigate loss
Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 87 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously don't turn this into another closed thread. Motoleo whether you're problem with discover is real or perceived it has nothing to do with the topic at had. Maybe people got tired of listening...like when I hear a bad song on the radio...I change the station. Glad it got straightened out for you though...sounds like discover was just doing their job.
Message 88 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lincar66 wrote:
I'm sorry that is petty slashing you from 3k to 2400$ seems pointless.

But I will agree unless your net worth is super high banks don't care to lose you and like you said you only use them for bonus categories your costing them money so they found a way to mitigate loss

NBD, like I said, they just aren't that important to me. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't seen this thread and thought the info might be useful to others. As soon as I close on a mortgage refi I'll be culling some cards. This forum has been instrumental in learning how credit works for us!

Message 89 of 98
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I think what happened to the OP's friend is unfortunate, but reasonable due to the 27K credit usage they had. Just because some people are able to carry a balance that large, doesn't mean others won't raise a flag when doing the same. 

Discover is is one of my favorite banks. They have always been beyond generous to me personally. Also their customer service is second to none. I'm sorry to hear what happened to your friend. That said, others should not be scared by this information. As long as you are being responsible with your credit and keep your utilization low, an AA should be very improbable. 

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 90 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.