Did you mean: 

WOW! DiscoverDeals VS ChaseUltimate

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: WOW! DiscoverDeals VS ChaseUltimate

@Anonymous wrote:

https://tickets.fandango.com/visasignature/

This link works for me, I just checked it. You enter one of your Visa Sig card numbers and then it asks how many $25 gift certificates you want. 

No, the get 1 move ticket free on Friday night is expired.  Yes, the other link is good.

Message 41 of 48
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Didn't want to be a bit nitpicky but technically:

1) On the quarterly bonus, you'll get 5% on the total amount, i.e. including tax, gift wrap, and shipping, as long as the bill is generated by a merchant whose code matches with the quarter's code

2) On the portal bonus, you'll earn 10% (or 5% or whatever it is) only on the actual good's price, shipping, taxes, etc. will not count. So assuming 8.5% tax and free shipping, a 5%+10% combo will get approx 14.2% 

Smiley Tongue

Freaking taxes, always a REAL game changer!

Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

https://tickets.fandango.com/visasignature/

This link works for me, I just checked it. You enter one of your Visa Sig card numbers and then it asks how many $25 gift certificates you want. 

nice i wonder how it will cover imax 3D lord of the rings with the convenience fee. i will have to try it or use it to buy the tickets at the box iffice instead of online. 

''This movie ticket offer is only valid for purchase each Friday from September 19, 2014 – September 26, 2014 between 4:01 AM GMT until 9:59 AM GMT the following day, or while supplies last. Limit of one (1) complimentary movie ticket, up to $19.50 value limit (including Fandango convenience fee),''

Discounted Fandango Gift Card Offer, Terms & Conditions:

'' must use a valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature card. This discount offer is valid from 2/1/2010 through 10/31/2014, while supplies last.''

i guess they have a lot of supplies left Smiley Happy

Value of the discount (20% off $25 increments) will be deducted from a single order on www.fandango.com. Limit four (4) discounted Fandango Gift Card purchases per Visa Signature card per month (maximum of $100 in Fandango Gift Cards).

4 movie tickets per month is good enough for me Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW im impressed first enrolling my first Chase credit card. Upon signing in i browsed their online store portal and comparing to the stores more ideal to me. i saw that Chase has 6% Neiman Marcus and Discover has 5% + 5% 4th quarter cashback bonus (10%)  ... confirmed by Discover ShopDiscover Rewards will stack up with the 5% Cashback 4th quarter bonuses which isn't included in their ShopDiscover unlike Chase when you shop at their Ultimate portal. 

CHASE...  

original.png

Discover...

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 1.06.01 PM.png

+

original-2.png

APPLE:                               Discover 10%    -  Chase 6%

NORDSTROM:                Discover 15%   -  Chase 10%

NEIMANS MARCUS:     Discover 10%    -  Chase 6%

SaksFifthAvenue:          Discover 20%    -  Chase 11%

SEPHORA:                         Discover 15%   - Chase 6%  

WILLIAMS-SONOMA      Discover 5%      -  Chase 3%

WOW so i knew then where to do my shopping :smileyhappy: good thing i looked! I hope Saks have sort of a black friday sale so maybe i could get even more percentage off on my holiday shopping. 

Another place i like to shop is Sephora i noticed Chase has it at 6% and Discover has it at 15% i'll wait until the holidays to get that extra 20% VIP discount so i'll get 35% off :smileyhappy:

its nice to shop smart :smileytongue:

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 12.37.29 PM.png     

NOW THAT'S A GAME CHANGER! :smileyhappy: 

APPLE:                                         Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

NORDSTROM:                                Discover 15%     -  Chase 10%

NEIMANS MARCUS:               Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

SaksFifthAvenue:                   Discover 20%     -  Chase 11%

SEPHORA:                                        Discover 15%      - Chase 6%  

WILLIAMS-SONOMA            Discover 5%        -  Chase 3%

Didn't want to be a bit nitpicky but technically:

1) On the quarterly bonus, you'll get 5% on the total amount, i.e. including tax, gift wrap, and shipping, as long as the bill is generated by a merchant whose code matches with the quarter's code

2) On the portal bonus, you'll earn 10% (or 5% or whatever it is) only on the actual good's price, shipping, taxes, etc. will not count. So assuming 8.5% tax and free shipping, a 5%+10% combo will get approx 14.2% 

Smiley Tongue

depends which state you're in and what you're buying Smiley Wink and on Black Friday there better be free shipping! usually it is for $50 or more. 

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your math checks out, Akula. That reminded me of the story problems we had to do when we were little kids, haha. You nailed it though!

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your math checks out, Akula. That reminded me of the story problems we had to do when we were little kids, haha. You nailed it though!

nice i wonder how it will cover imax 3D lord of the rings with the convenience fee. i will have to try it or use it to buy the tickets at the box iffice instead of online. 

''This movie ticket offer is only valid for purchase each Friday from September 19, 2014 – September 26, 2014 between 4:01 AM GMT until 9:59 AM GMT the following day, or while supplies last. Limit of one (1) complimentary movie ticket, up to $19.50 value limit (including Fandango convenience fee),''

Discounted Fandango Gift Card Offer, Terms & Conditions: 

'' must use a valid U.S.-issued Visa Signature card. This discount offer is valid from 2/1/2010 through 10/31/2014, while supplies last.''

i guess they have a lot of supplies left :smileyhappy:

Value of the discount (20% off $25 increments) will be deducted from a single order on www.fandango.com. Limit four (4) discounted Fandango Gift Card purchases per Visa Signature card per month (maximum of $100 in Fandango Gift Cards)

4 movie tickets per month is good enough for me :smileyhappy:

Message 46 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just reading through this thread and going to point this out to everyone who has a Visa Sig. I get the Gift Certificates from Fandango with one of my Visa Sigs and receive $25 dollar gift cert for $20. So a 20% savings, plus depending on which Visa Sig you use you still get your normal rewards points. That is far and away the best deal I have found on movie tickets. 

Well, check my math;  OK, so if I buy 8 move tickets at the ticket window, it costs me (10.50 * 8) = 84.00.  Now, if I pay 80 dollars for a 100 Fandango gift card, I still have to take into consideration the convenience fee for each freaking ticket of 1.35, in my location.  So 1.35 * 8 = 10.80.  100 - 10.80(fees) - 84(standard ticket price) = 5.20 remaning on gift card.  5.20 + 4.00 difference in price (80 vs 84) = 9.20 savings.  So 9% is still something to write home about - if I didn't scew up the math.

It's a lot less depending which tickets you buy. But if im only saving $10 for 4 tickets ($2.50 each) i rather pay $10 more to save the hassel and time it takes to buy 4 gift cards and having to it through fandango.com wherethe gift certificates are only valid at. My tickets (imax 3D) costs $18.50 + $2 fee when the each gift certificate only worth $19.50 but  if i buy the catching fire tickets ($12 + $1.35 fee) - $19.50  will they give me the $6.15  change ?   enough for my drink but still need $9.50 for my large popcorn Smiley Tongue

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW im impressed first enrolling my first Chase credit card. Upon signing in i browsed their online store portal and comparing to the stores more ideal to me. i saw that Chase has 6% Neiman Marcus and Discover has 5% + 5% 4th quarter cashback bonus (10%)  ... confirmed by Discover ShopDiscover Rewards will stack up with the 5% Cashback 4th quarter bonuses which isn't included in their ShopDiscover unlike Chase when you shop at their Ultimate portal. 

CHASE...  

original.png

Discover...

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 1.06.01 PM.png

+   

original-2.png

APPLE:                         Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

NORDSTROM:                Discover 15%     -  Chase 10%

NEIMANS MARCUS:   Discover 10%    -  Chase 6%

SaksFifthAvenue:         Discover 20%    -  Chase 11%

SEPHORA:                             Discover 15%    - Chase 6%  

WILLIAMS-SONOMA            Discover 5%       -  Chase 3%

WOW so i knew then where to do my shopping Smiley Happy good thing i looked! I hope Saks have sort of a black friday sale so maybe i could get even more percentage off on my holiday shopping. 

Another place i like to shop is Sephora i noticed Chase has it at 6% and Discover has it at 15% i'll wait until the holidays to get that extra 20% VIP discount so i'll get 35% off Smiley Happy

its nice to shop smart Smiley Tongue

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 12.37.29 PM.png     

NOW THAT'S A GAME CHANGER! :smileyhappy: 

APPLE:                        Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

NORDSTROM:               Discover 15%     -  Chase 10%

NEIMANS MARCUS:   Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

SaksFifthAvenue:         Discover 20%     -  Chase 11%

SEPHORA:                             Discover 15%      - Chase 6%  

WILLIAMS-SONOMA            Discover 5%        -  Chase 3%

@LMAO @ dancing June

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.