Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW! DiscoverDeals VS ChaseUltimate

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW im impressed first enrolling my first Chase credit card. Upon signing in i browsed their online store portal and comparing to the stores more ideal to me. i saw that Chase has 6% Neiman Marcus and Discover has 5% Neiman Marcus without the 1% everyday on purchases ? hmmm 

too bad Chase doesn't have any discounts purchasing movie theatre Smiley Frustrated Discover has 10% fandango.com dispite their "convenience" fee

Remember Chase rewards are quarterly.  You will get your wish about movies theaters come January 1st when the reward bonus program changes from those currently listed to grocery stores, Starbucks and movies theaters 

but you dont realize coming january 1st discover fandango will drop from 10% to 5% when their starbucks and movie theaters kicks in. I notice this also with sephora so to conclude i assume right now it does include the 5% base + 5% bonus catergory.   it's not 15% as it seems you're trying to refer to me ? 10% base+ 5% bonus (quarterly) ? 

I'm not trying to do anything.  I was just pointing what out is coming for Chase Jan 1 which includes movie theaters.

My freedom is going to get some major action with groceries next quarter :-) Also i may get in an movie or two :-)

Same here. My Diners Club 3% will have to take a break

Message 11 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW im impressed first enrolling my first Chase credit card. Upon signing in i browsed their online store portal and comparing to the stores more ideal to me. i saw that Chase has 6% Neiman Marcus and Discover has 5% Neiman Marcus without the 1% everyday on purchases ? hmmm 

too bad Chase doesn't have any discounts purchasing movie theatre Smiley Frustrated Discover has 10% fandango.com dispite their "convenience" fee

Remember Chase rewards are quarterly.  You will get your wish about movies theaters come January 1st when the reward bonus program changes from those currently listed to grocery stores, Starbucks and movies theaters 

but you dont realize coming january 1st discover fandango will drop from 10% to 5% when their starbucks and movie theaters kicks in. I notice this also with sephora so to conclude i assume right now it does include the 5% base + 5% bonus catergory.   it's not 15% as it seems you're trying to refer to me ? 10% base+ 5% bonus (quarterly) ? 

I'm not trying to do anything.  I was just pointing what out is coming for Chase Jan 1 which includes movie theaters.

My freedom is going to get some major action with groceries next quarter :-) Also i may get in an movie or two :-)

i would stock up 2 months if i were you unless you Smiley Very Happy have American Express Ble Cash Preferred 6% grocercies. i want to see that new lords of the rings 

I have Everyday Preferred also so we shall see how it goes haha. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW im impressed first enrolling my first Chase credit card. Upon signing in i browsed their online store portal and comparing to the stores more ideal to me. i saw that Chase has 6% Neiman Marcus and Discover has 5% + 5% 4th quarter cashback bonus (10%)  ... confirmed by Discover ShopDiscover Rewards will stack up with the 5% Cashback 4th quarter bonuses which isn't included in their ShopDiscover unlike Chase when you shop at their Ultimate portal. 

CHASE...  

original.png

Discover...

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 1.06.01 PM.png

+

original-2.png

APPLE:                               Discover 10%    -  Chase 6%

NORDSTROM:                Discover 15%   -  Chase 10%

NEIMANS MARCUS:     Discover 10%    -  Chase 6%

SaksFifthAvenue:          Discover 20%    -  Chase 11%

SEPHORA:                         Discover 15%   - Chase 6%  

WILLIAMS-SONOMA      Discover 5%      -  Chase 3%

WOW so i knew then where to do my shopping :smileyhappy: good thing i looked! I hope Saks have sort of a black friday sale so maybe i could get even more percentage off on my holiday shopping. 

Another place i like to shop is Sephora i noticed Chase has it at 6% and Discover has it at 15% i'll wait until the holidays to get that extra 20% VIP discount so i'll get 35% off :smileyhappy:

its nice to shop smart :smileytongue:

Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 12.37.29 PM.png     

NOW THAT'S A GAME CHANGER! :smileyhappy: 

APPLE:                                         Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

NORDSTROM:                                Discover 15%     -  Chase 10%

NEIMANS MARCUS:               Discover 10%     -  Chase 6%

SaksFifthAvenue:                   Discover 20%     -  Chase 11%

SEPHORA:                                        Discover 15%      - Chase 6%  

WILLIAMS-SONOMA            Discover 5%        -  Chase 3%

Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover portal is my favorite, no doubt.  However, if you want to be really WOWED , try my Stay-Away-From-OverPriced-Stores-In-The-First-Place portal.  Getting 15-20% from their usual 60-70% mark-up prices may sound good, but re-evaluating if I really need to buy something, and where is the smartest place to get it for the quality that I need, is giving me 100% cashback rewards, left and right!

Message 14 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

^ That's a good point, I think we can tend to be tempted to spend more just because we are getting a discount/credit card rewards.

Message 15 of 48
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait, there is a 2015 calendar for Chase?  I know that 2014 had referenced categories in January, but how do we know the same will be held for 2015?

Message 16 of 48
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HOLD UP! This might be a stupid question, but i haven't seen the calender from next year yet. Does next quarter include a grocery category?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 17 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait, there is a 2015 calendar for Chase?  I know that 2014 had referenced categories in January, but how do we know the same will be help for 2015?

I think only the 1st quarter has been released for 2015, which includes groceries, entertainment, and starbucks?

Message 18 of 48
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait, what the heck is Discover Fandango?  I spend about 250 a month at the movies, so any way to save would be nice!  Logging into my Discover account now.. 

Message 19 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HOLD UP! This might be a stupid question, but i haven't seen the calender from next year yet. Does next quarter include a grocery category?

an few blogs have stated 1st quarter categories will be starbucks, groceries , and entertainment, we will see if they are spot on or not. 

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.