cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! F/R'd TWICE IN 3 MONTHS BY AMEX!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW! F/R'd TWICE IN 3 MONTHS BY AMEX!!!!

(and I usually only carry a few dollars, my ID and AMEX)

Why would the only card you ever carry with you be from a company that just recently froze your account and FR'd you? At least have your bank's debit card with you, jeez. That's like gambling before you even get to Vegas.
Message 31 of 36
aftermath
Established Contributor

Jubeyy wrote:
(and I usually only carry a few dollars, my ID and AMEX)

Why would the only card you ever carry with you be from a company that just recently froze your account and FR'd you? At least have your bank's debit card with you, jeez. That's like gambling before you even get to Vegas.

I guess I like to live on the edge. Smiley Wink
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 32 of 36
aftermath
Established Contributor

So here is the followup to my F/R ordeal:

I received a call by a Mr. so&so from the F/R department this morning stating that they have reviwed my paycheck stubs and that the F/R has now been completed.  He apologized for any inconvenience that this may have caused and assured me that this won't happen again anytime soon.

WAIT A MOMENT! Any time soon?!?!

He stated as spending habits change, so will the probability for the computer system to flag an F/R, and just because someone has undergone an F/R does not exempt them from any future F/Rs.

I have come to the conclusion from reading many of the F/R scenarios here, that there are 2 types of F/Rs.  Manual and Computer Generated.  I believe I have been subjected to both.  1st F/R was when I phoned in a request for a CLI upon activation (manual F/R), and 2nd was just out of nowhere, maybe due to my Vegas trip (Auto F/R).

Anyone's opinion on this?
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

aftermath wrote:

amex = f/r
Message 34 of 36
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@aftermath wrote:
So here is the followup to my F/R ordeal:

I received a call by a Mr. so&so from the F/R department this morning stating that they have reviwed my paycheck stubs and that the F/R has now been completed.  He apologized for any inconvenience that this may have caused and assured me that this won't happen again anytime soon.

WAIT A MOMENT! Any time soon?!?!

He stated as spending habits change, so will the probability for the computer system to flag an F/R, and just because someone has undergone an F/R does not exempt them from any future F/Rs.

I have come to the conclusion from reading many of the F/R scenarios here, that there are 2 types of F/Rs.  Manual and Computer Generated.  I believe I have been subjected to both.  1st F/R was when I phoned in a request for a CLI upon activation (manual F/R), and 2nd was just out of nowhere, maybe due to my Vegas trip (Auto F/R).

I cash advanced off of my Blue card several times in Vegas and haven't had an issue with it. They keep sending me preapprovals also.

I did immediately PIF on the cash advances as soon as I got home though. And I only did it because my debit card refused to work out there.
Here we go again...
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

What gets AmEx'd in Vegas, does not stay in Vegas. Smiley Sad
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.