Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!!! Hold on to your britches!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW!!! Hold on to your britches!!!

Scary thread, but good food for thought.

Brammy, your statement:
"If I close one card, it frees me up for larger limits with other issuers who will not be as afraid that I will charge more than I can afford to repay. If questioned as to why I closed an account, I have no problem explaining that I expect to be able to have the same trust in a lender, that they supposedly put in me" is very powerful yet so true.

I'd love to join an organization.....let's call it the NACCCA (National Association of Consumer Credit Card Advocacy). I know the name kind of lame, but at least we collectively, as consumers that hold cc's would have our voice in Congress, and voice our rights.

(The preceeding was not a paid political announcement, nor does it reflect the opinions of the management of this station. The opinions stated therein are only those of the author)

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 12-04-2007 09:15 AM
Message 31 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Brammy wrote:

The thing is, we as consumers have somehow equated credit with our worthiness as people.  The more shiny plastic, the better. This is a backlash against the consumer for complaints about unfair lending practices and UD, I think its time for the consumer pool to create its own backlash without the assistance of Congressional hearings.

Brava!!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 35
orl2185
Established Contributor

Brammy wrote:
Hopefully WaMu won't join the party.  It will be onething if they cl0ose me but if they CLD me I'll sockdrawer them..... Time to pare down soe cards but all this action is making me afraid to.  I already palnned on closing the BB MC come March and the Target.  Think I may just hold on to Target.

No, not the target card. Wally World will surely miss you, and your target visa... lol
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

orl2185 wrote:

Brammy wrote:
Hopefully WaMu won't join the party.  It will be onething if they cl0ose me but if they CLD me I'll sockdrawer them..... Time to pare down soe cards but all this action is making me afraid to.  I already palnned on closing the BB MC come March and the Target.  Think I may just hold on to Target.

No, not the target card. Wally World will surely miss you, and your target visa... lol

Yeah that IS one reason to hold on to it.  Maybe I just need to think up another form of torture for the cashiers.... Too bad they didn't have a Discover card with my state's foodstamp card logo on it....lol!!!  I would have picked that one and gone and bought a bunch of electronics at Wally World.....

Message 34 of 35
Tavares
New Contributor

SonorityGenius,

Did you mean specially the new card holders?

@SonorityGenius wrote:
Amex has been FRing even new card holders lately.

I was told on my recent FR that they are intended for everyone specially during the early days of your relationship with Amex. Check out my FR Thread.

Good Luck,

Tavares
FAKO - EX: 749 | EQ: 769 | TU: 749
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.