Valued Contributor
wmarat

WOW, I've got preapproval from ..

CapOne, with fabulous 22.9% APR and promise to increase CL every 3 mos. Should I?
IN VINO VERITAS.
Established Contributor
cartercorp

Re: WOW, I've got preapproval from ..

Tough decision. 22.9 % APR does look pretty sweet.CL every 3 months, now that's a deal breaker thou..If there only giving out a CLI every 3 months I would have to decline there super sweet offer.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Why do you suppose they sent you that offer? How low would the APR have to be before you or I would bite on app'ing a card when you know you're going to be hit with three hard INQ's for your efforts?
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Speaking seriously:

I think they send me this offer based of length of my credit history, assuming that anyone with short credit history must be happy with such an opportunity. I have recently chatted with CapOne rep and he refused to believe that I have 6 figures in available revolving credit.

APR itself does not matter, all my APR's are 0%, regardless what creditors think they are.

What puzzles me is that I opted out about a year ago and 3 out of 4 CRA are frozen.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

wmarat wrote:
CapOne, with fabulous 22.9% APR and promise to increase CL every 3 mos. Should I?

So the offer isn't based on a soft PRM INQ. Cap1 are serious bottom feeders. If they detect a sign of life somehow they'll get to ya.

If it is a serious question, no, you should definitely let this one slip from your hand and into the shredder.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Cap1 are serious bottom feeders.

Hey now. You're insulting my oldest account. :smileyvery-happy:

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

marinevietvet wrote:

Cap1 are serious bottom feeders.

Hey now. You're insulting my oldest account. :smileyvery-happy:

...and MY oldest CO!!!!  hahahaha

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Super Contributor
marty56

wmarat wrote:

What puzzles me is that I opted out about a year ago and 3 out of 4 CRA are frozen.

Funny you mentioned that.  About 4 years ago, I close my $500 CLI card (pre FICO aware) out of protest that they would incrase my CL since that said that type (subprime) of account didnt allow CLIs.  Last week a got a pre-approval from them the went into the garbage almost as fast as any BofA mail.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Well Cap1 are the folks who perfected the concept of sticking cardholders with multiple, low limit cards so they could harvest late and overlimit fees. They would even open second and subsequent accounts for those already in default. Real humanitarians they!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

wmarat wrote:

Speaking seriously:

I think they send me this offer based of length of my credit history, assuming that anyone with short credit history must be happy with such an opportunity. I have recently chatted with CapOne rep and he refused to believe that I have 6 figures in available revolving credit.

APR itself does not matter, all my APR's are 0%, regardless what creditors think they are.

lol, welcome to the US! You're in the big-time now. :smileywink:

Interesting about the freeze, though. You must have come up on some non-credit-related list. Have you opted out of everything, or just frozen your reports?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+