Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW, I've got preapproval from ..

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

WOW, I've got preapproval from ..

CapOne, with fabulous 22.9% APR and promise to increase CL every 3 mos. Should I?
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW, I've got preapproval from ..

Tough decision. 22.9 % APR does look pretty sweet.CL every 3 months, now that's a deal breaker thou..If there only giving out a CLI every 3 months I would have to decline there super sweet offer.
Message 2 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Why do you suppose they sent you that offer? How low would the APR have to be before you or I would bite on app'ing a card when you know you're going to be hit with three hard INQ's for your efforts?
Message 3 of 20
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Speaking seriously:

I think they send me this offer based of length of my credit history, assuming that anyone with short credit history must be happy with such an opportunity. I have recently chatted with CapOne rep and he refused to believe that I have 6 figures in available revolving credit.

APR itself does not matter, all my APR's are 0%, regardless what creditors think they are.

What puzzles me is that I opted out about a year ago and 3 out of 4 CRA are frozen.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:
CapOne, with fabulous 22.9% APR and promise to increase CL every 3 mos. Should I?

So the offer isn't based on a soft PRM INQ. Cap1 are serious bottom feeders. If they detect a sign of life somehow they'll get to ya.

If it is a serious question, no, you should definitely let this one slip from your hand and into the shredder.

Message 5 of 20
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 are serious bottom feeders.

Hey now. You're insulting my oldest account. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 20
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Cap1 are serious bottom feeders.

Hey now. You're insulting my oldest account. Smiley Very Happy

...and MY oldest CO!!!!  hahahaha

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

What puzzles me is that I opted out about a year ago and 3 out of 4 CRA are frozen.

Funny you mentioned that.  About 4 years ago, I close my $500 CLI card (pre FICO aware) out of protest that they would incrase my CL since that said that type (subprime) of account didnt allow CLIs.  Last week a got a pre-approval from them the went into the garbage almost as fast as any BofA mail.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Well Cap1 are the folks who perfected the concept of sticking cardholders with multiple, low limit cards so they could harvest late and overlimit fees. They would even open second and subsequent accounts for those already in default. Real humanitarians they!
Message 9 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wmarat wrote:

Speaking seriously:

I think they send me this offer based of length of my credit history, assuming that anyone with short credit history must be happy with such an opportunity. I have recently chatted with CapOne rep and he refused to believe that I have 6 figures in available revolving credit.

APR itself does not matter, all my APR's are 0%, regardless what creditors think they are.

lol, welcome to the US! You're in the big-time now. Smiley Wink

Interesting about the freeze, though. You must have come up on some non-credit-related list. Have you opted out of everything, or just frozen your reports?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.