cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW WOW WOW... Told that MyFico is not a report that banks would use....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW WOW WOW... Told that MyFico is not a report that banks would use....

She tried to pull EX, it's locked!

I asked if she could pull TU... No, But if you have a reccent credit report I can submit it to credit dept and see if they would use it for now...

So I say I have a MyFico TU from 12-9-11.

She says no we do not use scores and reports from MyFico because those are not actual scores that a bank would use... Further more I was in banking for many years and that's what people don't tell you is those reports are no good.

I was like I'm sorry to disagree but you have this backwards, Myfico is what IS usually used for credit pulls with banks (some do modify reports to how they want it to generate (Amex, etc.) but Fico is the real score and real report.

Her, no we don't use scores consumers are able to purchase online with Fico or credit monitoring services.

I was like there we go, Fico is one, and monitoring services are another that are FAKO scores and they are almost never used by banks for credit.

Her - I already told you, I'm not going to argue, it's not what is used and I'm done talking, You can call back if you decide you want to unlock EX and move forward... CLICK!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: WOW WOW WOW... Told that MyFico is not a report that banks would use....

so what CCC was that?

Message 2 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

so what CCC was that?

This is a Personal Loan through a company.... sounds kind of like a company like the *tree one, I can't post company name can I?

So I called back to see if I talked with one really miss guided person and I almost ended up on the same path with the next guy.... "See when you go in to a place like MyFico, half the time they are not even pulling your credit... (I guess that would be a VERY CONFUSED person on a SOFT INQ!)  We actually go directly to Experian and make a HARD PULL on your credit and get the real report that you are not able to see when you pull with MyFico.

Me: oh no, I was like Fico goes to EQ AND TU and PULLS a real report with your real fico score, they are not just spitting out reports on their own... 

So in the end they think if it's not a hard you are not getting a report that would show all your info and accounts (not bank soft pulls, I mean us when we pull are own report) therefore making these reports I get useless... I just don't think I can allow a company that trains people this way to all my personal information etc. I would assume they are trained this way because it would trick people very easily to want to see "The REAL FULL REPORT" and therefore probably qualifying to borrow more at a better rate.

Message 3 of 54
CS800
Super Contributor

Here you go, your typical know it all, hollier that thou customer rep. We have all known one of them. That was kind of rude for her to say 'im done talking'

Message 4 of 54
dalebb
Valued Contributor

its my understanding that when u pull ur own file it is a hard pull,,, just shows as a soft or i would have 365+ hard pulls a yearSmiley Surprised

Message 5 of 54
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Here you go, your typical know it all, hollier that thou customer rep. We have all known one of them. That was kind of rude for her to say 'im done talking'

in her defence they make like $5 for a 12 hours daySmiley Surprised

Message 6 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Oh yeah I actually managed to keep her on the line about 5 extra times of her saying I'm hanging up... becuase I really want someone to listen to WHAT I am saying and lets talk this info out and see what makes sense and what doesn't... but similar to the REP at Santander even when she would stop trying to drown me out and let me say something she was really not listening to a word, as soon or even before she was already returning her response that didn't match my point because she already knew I was going to be wrong as soon as I started talking... I tell you this is why I want to start recording people, I'm never going to end up in court with them, I just want to use them for fun... Can I post voice recordings on Myfico! LOL (Don't worry MODS, I know I can't!) 

Maybe PM to each other! (Okay ill stop!)

Once I calm down about the fight I really find it very funny and that's why I come running to the computer to post!

Message 7 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

its my understanding that when u pull ur own file it is a hard pull,,, just shows as a soft or i would have 365+ hard pulls a yearSmiley Surprised

Hard and Soft are 2 different things... How can it be a hard if it is a soft?

Now if you work in banking or mortgages don't go thinking if you pull your report at work it will only be a soft because it's your own report it will be a HP until the cows come home!

Message 8 of 54
dalebb
Valued Contributor

i for one enjoy reading the storys

Message 9 of 54
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

Hard and Soft are 2 different things... How can it be a hard if it is a soft?

Now if you work in banking or mortgages don't go thinking if you pull your report at work it will only be a soft because it's your own report it will be a HP until the cows come home!

ok now im confused,, r u saying we can only look at a soft pull like the banks when we pull r own report,, and/or does a hard pull give more info than we can see?

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.