Did you mean: 

WOW citibank recon denial response via email

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: WOW citibank recon denial response via email

@rebuildingcredit1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Sometimes denial reasons are as random as throwing darts, how many inquiries do you have? In particular the last 6 months? Citi is sensitive to inq on thin files, especially if you have no history with them. Once you get in, they become much less sensitive to inq.

Too many : ) I just looked (and with the citibank inquiry added) I have a total of 12  listed on my full report (5 are from car dealerhips when I leased my new vehicle in August of 2013) So 9 total in the last 6 months

I have three at most in the last six months, so I am hoping I can slip in there. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Sometimes denial reasons are as random as throwing darts, how many inquiries do you have? In particular the last 6 months? Citi is sensitive to inq on thin files, especially if you have no history with them. Once you get in, they become much less sensitive to inq.

ups....I am glad I had no clue that Citi is inq sensitive.  Last year I apped with 5 new accounts and 12 inq in the last 4 months and got my highest starting limit ever from Citi.....I guess sometimes it is better not to know Smiley Happy but for the future I will keep that in mind.

Message 12 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@B335is wrote:

ups....I am glad I had no clue that Citi is inq sensitive.  Last year I apped with 5 new accounts and 12 inq in the last 4 months and got my highest starting limit ever from Citi.....I guess sometimes it is better not to know Smiley Happy but for the future I will keep that in mind.

I think it just depends on the overall profile.

I applied for CItibank last March with 5 other new accounts, and was approved.

Then I tried again for another card in September with a total of 11 new accounts, including 1 auto loan, and was approved as well.

If your overall profile is good, and you think you have a high / decent internal score, then just go for it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.