cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW, i've got an invite to apply for First Premier.

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: WOW, i've got invite to applyy for First Premier.

That's a stinking cc. Avoid it like a plaque. If you really need a builder cc, try orchard.
Message 11 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just out of curiosity, what are your scores now, wmarat?

I'm guessing you're up in the 760 range, at least. Why on earth are you still on their mailing list???
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 46
Established Contributor

@nathan wrote:
That's a stinking cc. Avoid it like a plaque. If you really need a builder cc, try orchard.

I know nothing of Fist Premier but based on the previous post before this one I thought they were being recommended. Well..the joke is now on me! LOLSmiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

plasticman wrote:

@nathan wrote:

I know nothing of Fist Premier but based on the previous post before this one I thought they were being recommended. Well..the joke is now on me! LOLSmiley Very Happy

Oh, hey, we're all about irony and tongue-in-cheek here. Smiley Wink

First Preemie is one of the awful, awful, sell-us-your-plasma-in-exchange-for-credit-scores banks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 46
Established Contributor

LOL. My sarcastic humor is par for the course then?Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

plasticman wrote:
LOL. My sarcastic humor is par for the course then?Smiley Wink

I honestly don't think that there is anything that you can say about First Preemie that is bad enough to earn objections here.
Message 16 of 46
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

@nathan wrote:

Oh, hey, we're all about irony and tongue-in-cheek here. Smiley Wink

First Preemie is one of the awful, awful, sell-us-your-plasma-in-exchange-for-credit-scores banks.

Can I do this somewhere? Will it cement my High Achiever status?

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-08-2009 08:19 PM
Message 17 of 46
Established Contributor

Thanks HTSU...I truly would never want to intentionally offend anyone! It is good to know First Premier opinions would not. 
Message 18 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

plasticman wrote:
Thanks HTSU...I truly would never want to intentionally offend anyone! It is good to know First Premier opinions would not. 

You know, sometimes we find ourselves in a position where we have to make nice to folks like First Premiere. And if that's what it takes to get us moving on down the credit road, then so be it.

But they are most definitely not someone that you're going to want to hold on to for the long run. They are what they are: a rebuilder card. You pays your money, and you gets your benefits. And once you've mutually used one another, then you let one another go.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-08-2009 05:29 PM
Message 19 of 46
hampstenj
Established Member

yep, FP is a stinking CC. However I just got it, Yeah fees are pathetic, and trust me if it wasn't for the fact that it was the only unsecured CC that I could get, other than Hooters card(hadn't applied for that yet, and I don't really want to, more ethical wise with some folks in the family).I've had some bad mistakes in my past, Charge-offs of a Walmart Discover, and a US bank card, plus an verizon wireless chargeoff.  (Young, Foolish, didn't realize how bad I could get myself in trouble, so now I'm paying the price for it)...

my plan is in a couple of months is to get a good secured card from Wells Fargo, BOA, or even Citi. But I want a good secured card that will not be stuck on a cliff if you know what I mean. I feel so lucky just to even GET an unsecured card, even if it is from the black plague. I have a 628 EQ fico, that's a 10 point jump with the new FP card on it. 

Best advice on how to deal with this would be welcomed...  

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.