Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WOW zync and delta amex approval

Be careful with what you are doing. Amex goes by tax returns so if you're not claiming the gift from your parents then that can work against you. Also, its really not a matter of who you work for, its really a matter of what do you have on file with the IRS.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

oh no its shown on the tax returns.  because me father runs its through his business that way and i get taxed less for that money than if he was getting that put onto what he already makes. 

Valued Member

Prodr222 wrote:

well the good thing is if that happens worst come to worst i can have my dad say that i work for his company saying that what i put down is my current income. which is what i put down. so hopefuly there are no rough seas ahead.

None of that will help if you get an F/R they look at the previous years tax records, which can be a pain if you have a new job/promotion/etc.

I would tread lightly with Amex for the time being.

Valued Member

Well this is a can of worms. I would simply say be careful when doing things that would be considered fraud it could have unintended consequences

Senior Contributor

If they FR you, just close the card and tell them to pound sand.

Problem solved.

Valued Contributor

They also can request your last 2-3 months of bankstatmenets, and/or paycheck stubs. If you can't produce proof of income look for hard limits or closed accounts. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 10k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved for a Zync, but the online site didn't give a the credit limit (or preset limit).  Is there a number I can call to determine what it is?

My Wallet:
Discover It $14,300 | Chase United $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX BCE $4,200 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Valued Contributor

Zync is NPSL unless you got an offer for a $200 hard limit or $500 with auto-pay if you didn't see that offer pop up you have NPSL, but remember the card has to be PIF by due date. 

NPSL == no preset spending limit ( you have one but they don't usually disclose it)

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 10k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Frequent Contributor

Well I'll be damned. Smiley Tongue

Didn't see anything about a hard limit or auto-pay.  

This is the start of a beautiful week.  The last 1 year working on my credit has paid off.  Goodbye sub-prime Capital One cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Wallet:
Discover It $14,300 | Chase United $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX BCE $4,200 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.