cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH, Bureau's dont all get current statement balances at teh same time?

tag
cabronsaim
Contributor

WTH, Bureau's dont all get current statement balances at teh same time?

I pulled my experian this morning and saw my current statements posted and a score of 680. Then I just paid for my EQ and TU scores here on myFiCO and got lower scores, then checked and turns out these are not updated to my last CC statement balances (which I just paid off)....

That sucks.

3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: WTH, Bureau's dont all get current statement balances at teh same time?

EQ and TU usually update 3 to 5 days after EX. TU is usually the last one to update.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 21
boomhower
Valued Contributor

The CRA's get updated information once a month.   When they get it varies from card to card.  Most will update with you current balance a few days after your statement cuts.  Some will update once a month with whatever your outstanding balance is at the time but those are rare.  Some update faster than others.  Chase in particular is slow to update for me.

Message 3 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cabronsaim wrote:

I pulled my experian this morning and saw my current statements posted and a score of 680. Then I just paid for my EQ and TU scores here on myFiCO and got lower scores, then checked and turns out these are not updated to my last CC statement balances (which I just paid off)....

That sucks.

TU is infamous for lagging on CC updates. EX and EQ are almost real time 2-3 days after statement closing date.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 21
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

TU is infamous for lagging on CC updates. EX and EQ are almost real time 2-3 days after statement closing date.

^^^This

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 21
Erica1
Regular Contributor

I wasn't aware this was an issue. I assumed they all updated within a few days of CCCs updating. Keeping accurate, up to date records is kind of the CRAs only job after all.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always subscirbe to a 3 in 1 credit monitoring service that allows you to check your credit daily to see when your CR's update. You could also check creditkarma.com to see when your TU updates. Then determine to pull the trigger based off of the activity there.

Message 7 of 21
cabronsaim
Contributor

Thats messed up,I lost over30 dlls. Myfico doesnt care, they.wont let me pull again or get a refund. Thats not.what.I.expected.at all. Next.time I.will.just take my business somewhere else.
3/30/12: EX: 680 TU:667 EQ: 655
4/14/12: EX: 680 TU:678 EQ: 670

BOFA: 0/1k / CAP1: 0/1.75k / CITI: 700/2k / AMEX Gold:NPSL
Message 8 of 21
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@cabronsaim wrote:
Thats messed up,I lost over30 dlls. Myfico doesnt care, they.wont let me pull again or get a refund. Thats not.what.I.expected.at all. Next.time I.will.just take my business somewhere else.

It's not myfico's fault.  You paid $30 to see your reports and you saw your reports.  You learned that the CAs do not update immediately using realtime.  You did still see your reports though.  The EX score you saw is also not a true FICO.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 21
honky
Regular Contributor

It may have been a good idea to read through a few posts or use the search function before clicking away, then trying for a refund.  I dont want to sound rude--but everyone here that Ive dealt with has been super friendly and helpful.  Your last post seems to blame the product for your error.

We are all here for one reason or another, and for many of us it is to admit past mistakes and learn from them by improving our credit.  Our actions are not somebody elses fault and the faster we all realize this, the faster we can begin credit rebuilding. 

I hope you stick around, keep an open mind, and get to work on your credit.  We've all wanted to toss in the towel..and some of us got to a bad place because we did just that a long time ago and are just recovering now.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.