Did you mean: 

WWYD: CC Garden, or CC Mall?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: WWYD: CC Garden, or CC Mall?

CHARGE_IT wrote:

Hauling,

Do you know if they do cremation. I hate the thought of having to wax and polish that thing until I need it. But it would look good with the plasma on it in the den.

Good luck all,

CI

Long-range planning with Costco

Smiley Very Happy

OK, sorry, Lil, I'm done thread-jacking. Seriously, I'm jealous. The more I read, the more I think this is the AmEx card to have.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

plasticman wrote:
Well, LilMirth, I can honestly say that very few of my plans work just the way I conceive them. The most important thing, in my opinion, is that I have a plan to operate from. As human beings , it is only natural to be disappointed when those plans do not work as conceived. Nevertheless, most successful businesses were built as a result of failures experienced.

I may soon start a campaign that demanding that your username be changed to "TheVoiceOf Reason". Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, sounds like it was a Message from Above on this one! Smiley Wink

Seriously, that's a great card. IMO, it's the only real rewards card that AmEx has going. I'd go for it myself, if I were a member of Costco. Or if there were a Costco within 300 miles of me. Smiley Tongue

Did you know that Costco sells coffins online? I keep trying to figure out who their market is on this one...

Ooh, and very handsome coffins too! I could get one to double as a sideboard or something, until it's needed to become the handsome carrying case to someone's final destination. I'd be the talk of the town. LOL!

I've had a chance to settle down and look at what the card has to offer, and I think I like it. I just have to move past the {{shudder}} that I get every time the "American Express" is mentioned. Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHARGE_IT wrote:

Lil,

How great. You are a perfect example of the change that can happen when repairing and growing credit. At that moment, you were confident enough to say yes , you would apply. How long ago would you have walked out instead. That is what your work is for . Not scores and aaofas. You are at your destination, just keep being wise and keep a little more in your purse for emergencies.

Some excellent reminders. Thanks!

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Long-range planning with Costco

Smiley Very Happy

OK, sorry, Lil, I'm done thread-jacking. Seriously, I'm jealous. The more I read, the more I think this is the AmEx card to have.

Hmmm.... Not really a thread-jack. Just a different sort of long-range planning is all. Long-range credit/financial plans vs. Long-range final plans; Almost just like the same thing. At least, it all ends the same, LOL!!! Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 27
score_building
Senior Contributor

Lil Mirth congrats, the card is a crowd pleaser and it is from somewhere you shop regularly, these things happen sometimes (what were the odds you'd be caught in that situation you found yourself?!) but you clearly have a sense of restraint and good judgement when it really counts. 

this new entry brings diversity and rewards, it may also give you a different take on amex, which will be interesting as well.

it is easy to forget the millions of people that still swear by them if you hang out here like we do!  my suggestion:  completely release yourself from app remorse, you done good despite yourself!! LOL.

ps. must be in a fog i didn't know you accepted a modship!!  totally awesome, you're so perfect for the post lil Mirth, super conrats!! (regret the delay)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I shop regularly at Costco an have often consiered the card but with my mortgage approval pending, I restrained myself.  An I'm in the market for a new card.  I close 10/15 on my house so maybe before the score drop from the mortgage, maybe I ought to take the plunge.....What the scores this card needs? My trimerge FICOs within past couple of days TU 743, EX 690 and EQ 686.  Do you think this would snag the $4K?
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.