Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu Approval Process - Any Feedback is Needed and Welcome

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu Approval Process - Any Feedback is Needed and Welcome

I received my bazillionith offer for the WaMu Platinum credit card 0% APR thru 2010 and 9.9% thereafter. I cracked and applied yesterday. I was also told it would take up to 3 weeks to get the status of the application. I asked do they have instant approvals and denials and I was advised no. I was also told I would have received the same waiting period if I apped online with the preapproval. The representative did advise I could callback within 3 days to check the status.

For those of you that have WaMu is this normal - waiting 3 weeks for a response? Please advise of your application experience. If you were told to wait, how long and were you approved or not approved? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: WaMu Approval Process - Any Feedback is Needed and Welcome

I had received my gazillionith WaMu preapproval offer by the time I had app'd (June '08). It was an instant approval and I was advised of my CL at the time of approval (less than 10 seconds). Perhaps things have changed now that they have been bought out by Chase. I don't know. Then again, this may be the standard for those who are not instantly approved.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uniqua wrote:
I had received my gazillionith WaMu preapproval offer by the time I had app'd (June '08). It was an instant approval and I was advised of my CL at the time of approval (less than 10 seconds). Perhaps things have changed now that they have been bought out by Chase. I don't know. Then again, this may be the standard for those who are not instantly approved.

Did you apply online or over the phone?

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

We apped on DH's first "pre-approval." We opened a teeny-tiny savings account first (a whopping $10) and applied online.

We got a "Thanks so much for applying, however we're unable to provide you with a decision at this time" spiel - telling us they'd contact us with their decision within 3 weeks. We pretty much shrugged (sounded like a kiss-off to us) and figured we were declined and promptly forgot all about it.

About a week and a half to two weeks later, we got a confirmation email stating that we were approved for $2500. Card came about 1 week later.

Hang in there and don't take it as an immediate denial. It sure wasn't for us!! Smiley Happy

Best of luck to you!!
Message 4 of 25
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

I applied for a visa through them, but the offer sounds similar.  I had recieved millions of offers over the course of two years and finally took them up on it.  I applied online and was approved instantly and my CL was stated.  It may just be taking longer now for them to process due to the whole buy out thing.  I recently recieved a pre-approval from the for the MC and was just curious to see if the thing would even work since it occured a week after the Bked and when I entered the reservation number into the website, they couldn't even find the offer (wasn't going to take it but wanted to see what would happen lol).  So hold time, I'm sure it will come through for you.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My WaMu approval was instant, but that was several months ago.  Chase is known for taking up to a month on manual review, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chase has already begun applying their own underwriting standards to new WaMu accounts.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all who applied. I never seem to have to the same credit approval luck as others on the board -even though my scores are the same or better, history longer, my CR only has one baddie and no lates for over 4 years. I applied for one their preapproval earlier this year and was denied based on utility. Guess I will call on Monday to check on the app.
Message 7 of 25
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uniqua wrote:

Did you apply online or over the phone?

I app'd online. Funny too, I haven't gotten any more pre-approval offers since my app.  hmmmmmmm

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and was approved for a wamu card like two weeks ago, with 0% on transfers thru January 2010. I applied online and was approved in like 30 seconds after submitted the application.
Message 9 of 25
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

I got an offer from them in June, 2007. Applied online. Approved instantly.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.