Established Contributor
landocalrissian

Re: WaMu CLI!!!

HuntingGuy wrote:
I started with $2k CL 6 months ago, used the card religiously while paying on time and keeping a low balance. Today, I was given a CLI to $3k. A step in the right direction! This seemed like a long wait!

Does WaMu typically consistently offer these increases at review time?

HuntingGuy, when did you receive your card???
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Frequent Contributor
HI-ALL

[ Edited ]
hi lando..

I am talking abt wamu visa.
Did they pull a hard inq for CLI????

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 03-20-2008 12:55 PM
Established Contributor
landocalrissian

[ Edited ]
I have never got an increase with them.  I don't know if the pull is soft or hard when they evaluate accounts for CLI's.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 03-20-2008 10:54 AM
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Established Member
HuntingGuy

landocalrissian wrote:

HuntingGuy wrote:
I started with $2k CL 6 months ago, used the card religiously while paying on time and keeping a low balance. Today, I was given a CLI to $3k. A step in the right direction! This seemed like a long wait!

HuntingGuy, when did you receive your card???

I received my Visa WaMu through a pre-approved mail offer.
08/24/09: TU 743 | EQ 723
EboniBeauti

HI-ALL wrote:
hi lando..

Soft if they do it, if you request it hard.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

HUH?
Last I knew WAMU does not "Honor customer requested CLI's"

EboniBeauti wrote:

HI-ALL wrote:
hi lando..

Soft if they do it, if you request it hard.

Regular Contributor
PeggyFair

I have a WAMU Visa and in the year that I've had it, only one cli. When I first applied I had very high utlizaton on all my cc's so they started me off with a 2500k limit, now I am up to a 4500k limit, still paltry when considering I have cards with at least 10k limits. The ONLY reason why I hold on to this card is for the FREE FAKO Transunion score. I use it about once a month or once every other month for small purchases.
04/18/2008 TU 723 EQ 715 EX 746
Established Member
HuntingGuy

[ Edited ]

PeggyFair wrote:
I have a WAMU Visa and in the year that I've had it, only one cli. When I first applied I had very high utlizaton on all my cc's so they started me off with a 2500k limit, now I am up to a 4500k limit, still paltry when considering I have cards with at least 10k limits. The ONLY reason why I hold on to this card is for the FREE FAKO Transunion score. I use it about once a month or once every other month for small purchases.

Well, pFICO, rather. It is definitely a nice little bonus, and for me has been pretty consistent with my FICO.

Message Edited by HuntingGuy on 03-27-2008 08:46 AM
08/24/09: TU 743 | EQ 723
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

[ Edited ]

HuntingGuy wrote:

... Lucky YOU!!! I've had my WAMU Visa Card since May of 2007; I've never received an increase!
The initial limit was $5000. and it's STILL $5000.  I maintain little or no balance on all of my cards; I pay them ahead of time and down to 0-3% utilization each month. 

My WAMU card holds my lowest limit.  I have an AMEX Clear & BOA Platnum Plus MasaterCard - BOTH with limits above $15,000. 

I read some time ago (on this forum) about people receiving CLI after 6 months - Well, when I didn't get one, I sockdrawered the WAMU card.  I recently used it this month and have paid the balance off (so it will remain active) -

I keep the card because I like the receiving the credit score each month. However, I cannot understand why I haven't received a CLI.  (nor why they KEEP sending me those checks two times a month). - All of my FICO scores are well into the 700's.

Does someone know the method to their madness?

Message Edited by MsRN2000 on 03-28-2008 11:52 PM
Regular Contributor
MsRN2000

Timothy wrote:
HUH?
Last I knew WAMU does not "Honor customer requested CLI's"

... Same here.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}