Senior Contributor
Wonderin

WaMu/Chase AA question

We had an old, old, old, old CU checking account that was COed about 4-5 years ago. That TL just ... disappeared magically off our CRs (both mine and DH's) about 4 months ago. Since we didn't WANT it on there, we didn't question it.

Now, in their update to EX, they *replaced* our current auto loan TL with the COed checking account TL. So, now our car loan looks like it was charged off (since our CU uses the same d@mned account number for both loans and accounts)!

So my question is this: Since we have WaMu (in AWESOME standing -- never late, pay durn nigh in full every month) and WaMu's switching to Chase do we stand to face AA because of the way it's reporting NOW and once they update EX to include BOTH the car loan AND the COed checking account?

We've worked so hard to build our credit ... I just don't want to hear that it's reappearance on our CRs is going to kill us!!

TIA!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: WaMu/Chase AA question

I don't know that there's anything you can do to get lucky twice with the CO'd account not reporting, but I'd get going on the incorrect car loan reporting immediately. That's a current account, if I'm reading it right, and I think you'd want to have it showing as clean.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}