cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

Hmmm, not sure about that.  I had just paid the statement balance in full a few days prior (~$2900), only had about $159 dollars in new transactions on the card when I requested.  I wonder if balance and payments prior to the request make some difference.

How long have you had the accounts?  Mine since 3/2006.

Message 51 of 78
augustus80
Established Member

I've been a chase card holder since 2006.  I currently have a chase freedom (14.24 apr PIF 2400 CL).  I just had a Wamu card converted over to a Chase Perfect Card ( 0% till JULY 09 4500 CL) 

I want to combine CL into one card.  I most likely will combine into the Chase Freedom I've had with chase since 2006.  The reason for this is:  I've heard of Wamu customers getting insanely high interest rates when coming over to Chase and also hear Chase might be cutting back on CL combines?  

What would you do in my situation?  ;-)

Message 52 of 78
tatiana
Contributor

I've heard of Wamu customers getting insanely high interest rates when coming over to Chase...

Naw.  I was ratejacked a whole quarter percent.  Smiley Tongue

9.99 to 10.24.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 53 of 78
augustus80
Established Member

I guess I should note that my Freedom card went from 9.24 % to 14.24 % last month.  Not sure why... 

I'm thinking of using the perfect card for 3 months until to get the 6 % cash back on gas and then my 0 % promotional rate will expire as well.  Or should I stick with the freedom and keep waiting to get to the $200 and get the $50 bonus....  hmm......   ;-)

Message 54 of 78
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

My rate was jacked up to 10.24% from 8.99%

They can raise it to 50% if they like. I havent paid one cent in iterest since my BK in 1999.Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

P/C'd my Wamu Plat to a Chase Home Improvement card via the web mail at the site. Finally had to call them as they didn't fully answer my questions online. VERY nice to deal with. I'm impressed so far.
Message 56 of 78
wannabe850
Established Member

Sorry for delayed response TXJOHN

Called yesterday (Sunday) for change told not available.

Just called Chase again for product change and was told that accounts have to go through on payment cycle with Chase before it can be entered into rewards program. CSR suggested I call back after each new statement hits.

2 Providian/WAMU accounts

Visa $3K CL 30% util 1K bal [ 30 day late 12/06]   acct since 6/1998

MC $4K CL 20% util $800 bal  acct since 11/2000

Both accounts paid down  to $0 last summer back to present levels since then. Don't use much, due to 31.99% 

Payments above minimum.. wanted to show some love, so left balance due to transition to Chase.

Will probably pay down and use for incidentals and PIF.

Message 57 of 78
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I was able to convert my ESPN Visa to a Chase PerfectCard Visa through secure e-mail and just received the card today.
Message 58 of 78
msheresy
Regular Contributor

I also had an ESPN visa from WAMU.  I just called the number from the original post and requested either the Freedom or the Perfect Card.  Strangely enough, the perfect card was not an option but they have changed me to the Chase Freedom Automatic (rewards autmatically dump, rather than having to call in to request them).  Its only 1% cash back but the call was really quick and smooth.  She said that I can change the rewards plan once per billing cycle, so if for any reason I wasnt happy with the Freedom, I could call back in.  My account number stays the same and my new card should arrive in 3-5 business days.
Message 59 of 78
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats on the product conversion. I haven't heard of anyone having luck with a product conversion by calling the number on the back of their WaMu card.

Message 60 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.