cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

tag
leaf33
Valued Member

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

Just called the number and changed both cards to the Freedom card. The guy was very nice and it took no time at all. Will be recieving news cards for both accounts in a few days.

I was wondering if they would change the cards since a Chase credit card was listed in my BK 7 in 2004. I have had the Wamu cards for almost two years with a perfect pay history and low util.

Thank you for posting this information! I would not have known to call otherwise.

Message 71 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, got my new Home Improvements Reward card in the mail today and one for my AU Wifey. They are rather odd looking ducks. Orange-ish color with a paint bucket and brush, just says CHASE, nothing else.

Oh well, that's the important part I guess. LOL. Beats the daylights out of WAMU.

It should come in handy, I buy a lot of things that should be eligible.

Message 72 of 78
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Selling yourself over the phone or in person for the purpose of manipulating someone to do what you want them to do is no longer called "Sales" or "Gimmick" . . . . The new buzz word (phrase), is SOCIAL ENGINEERING . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 73 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!  Got it switched to the Freedom!  I am so excited!  Now if I can do something about the apr...

Thanks for the help FICO Forums!

Message 74 of 78
wannabe850
Established Member

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!! Freedom at last.....

Freedom at Last.........

Just got off the phone and FINALLY both accounts converted to Chase Freedom.Smiley Wink

CSR changed one account to freedom(MC); then asked about other account(VS). Only card available was Freedom - PerfectCard not available for my accounts....

Unfortunately still at 31.99%. CSR said account reviewed every 3 or so months. See you in 3 months

Let's hope a little love will help the interest go down.... the interest go down.... 

Thanks for the counsel and backoffice number.

[Waited until the statement hit on one account. ]   

Message Edited by wannabe850 on 04-17-2009 12:54 PM
Message Edited by wannabe850 on 04-17-2009 12:55 PM
Message Edited by wannabe850 on 04-17-2009 12:56 PM
Message 75 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I noticed a few of you mentioning you receieved your new Chase replacement cards after doing a product change from a Wamu card. Is everyone who did a product change getting new Chase plastic? I did one awhile back and am still using my Wamu card but I am getting the Chase rewards, and it is called a "Chase perfectcard" now.
Message 76 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had great experiences with the WAMU card, was able to get wonderful customer service and the coolest balance transfer offers. Was I one of the few???

Now that they are CHASE, I am quite dissapointed. They were not willing to help me until I called the backdoor number. Only then could I get changed to "perfect card"...I can tell that I am not going to like this company one bt...

Message 77 of 78
necie83
Established Member

Hey everyone I'm new to the boards. First thanks for all the great information that you all post it is really helpful. I sure wish I found myFICO 7 years ago when I got my first credit card at 18. I tried the number yesterday and the rep told me that I couldn't do a product change now because my Chase account is too new, however I've had the WAMU card since Sept 07. She told me to try again in 6 months.  I emailed and again they told me no.  I'm going to call back since it seems as if everyone is having success on their 2nd and 3rd call.
Jan 09 TU 589 EQ 544 EX 550
Mar 09 TU 606 EQ 584 EX ?
May 09 TU 641 EQ 605 EX FAKO 607
Message 78 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.