Established Member
rue60

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

Just called the and was switched to the Freedom unlimited......Niceeeee
Regular Contributor
turbowrx

[ Edited ]
I hate talking to CSRs.  Do you guys think i could request the change via the website after I log on? By sending an email.
Message Edited by turbowrx on 03-20-2009 07:38 AM
Frequent Contributor
LisaJ

[ Edited ]

Kudos and congrats!!!!! :smileyhappy:

What is your CL, if you don't mind me asking?

And, any baddies?  DId they do a hard pull as well? 

This si very exciting!  Awesome to you for being persistent!  It definitely helps.  :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by LisaJ on 03-20-2009 08:10 AM
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Regular Contributor
Grape

Rue60, Did they offer you the Freedom or did you request it?
Established Contributor
Boscoe

If you have an existing Wamu card that was converted, is it still a hard INQ to get switched to another card, i.e. Freedom?

Regular Contributor
Grape

Boscoe, there was no hard inq (not even sure it was a soft) to switch to the three options in the OP. I am not sure about the Freedom card, however.
New Contributor
DRWHOFAN

I sent an email and got a product change to the perfect card.  It took two emails.  The first one said i wasnt eligible and the second one said i was eligible for several options including the freedom and freedom plus. I chose the Perfectcard because sounded like that was the best one everyone was changing to.  So just keep trying.

Established Member
rue60

[ Edited ]

Well, i asked if they could offer me something with better rewards than the Flexible rewards (which is what my wamu card was converted to) and the lady said she could give me the freedom unilimited or another card. i chose the freedom..

Just check my amex credit secure and no pulls from chase either. 

Message Edited by rue60 on 03-20-2009 01:59 PM
Established Member
ccolt1

Has anybody tryed to convert their WAMU card to a Chase that has had a BK in the past? Were you approved? thanks!
Established Member
HuntingGuy

I just converted my WaMu Platinum to the PerfectCard, as well. The CSR said that the benefits will be available in 3 days. So, how does this work? Do I use my same card, or will they mail me another? 

08/24/09: TU 743 | EQ 723

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}