Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

tag
Rebs6767
Established Member

WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

I was able to finally do a product change with my WaMu platinum Visa. I've been calling in daily to the phone number on the back of my WaMu card; 800.280.0561 with no success.  The CSRs say a product change can't be done & that this card has no further product options.  Well, one of the CSRs gave me another number to call.  I called 800.945.2004 and to my surprise, they were very polite. They said they needed to look into the link on my account for product availability where I was given three card options; Chase Travel, Chase Cash & Chase PerfectCard. 

I chose the PerfectCard.  Said it will convert in 3 business days!  Hope this helps everyone!

Chase PerfectCard® Features:

• 0% Intro APR* for 6 months
  • 6% Automatic Cash Back on all eligible gas purchases for the first 90 days and 3% Automatic Cash Back after that
  • 1% Automatic Cash Back on ALL other purchases
  • Automatically receive your Cash Back Rewards as a credit on your statement every month

PLUS:

• No limits on the amount of cash back you can earn and no expirations
  • No Annual Fee
Message Edited by Rebs6767 on 03-18-2009 10:41 PM
Message Edited by Rebs6767 on 03-19-2009 12:51 PM
Chase Id Protection EQ 636 EX 622 TU 652 6-01-2009
Chase Id Protection EQ 581 EX 634 TU 561 1-16-2009
MyFico EQ 550 12-18-2008
Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77
mphan
Contributor

Re: WaMu / Chase product change success!!!

I just called that number. No waiting, the CSR offered me Perfect Card reward right after I told him I want to add reward program to my current card. Yay, my card will start earning reward after 3 biz days. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Rebs6767!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 2 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. Do you currently have a balance on your card?  If so what percentage utility?

@Rebs6767 wrote:

I was able to finally do a product change with my WaMu platinum Visa. I've been calling in daily to the phone number on the back of my WaMu card; 800.280.0561 with no success.  The CSRs say a product change can't be done & that this card has no further product options.  Well, one of the CSRs gave me another number to call.  I called 800.945.2004 and to my surprise, they were very polite. They said they needed to look into the link on my account for product availability where I was given three card options; Chase Travel, Chase Cash & Chase PerfectCard. 

I chose the PerfectCard.  Said it will convert in 3 business days!  Hope this helps everyone!

Message Edited by Rebs6767 on 03-18-2009 10:41 PM

Message 3 of 78
Rebs6767
Established Member

I've only had this WaMu card since 10/2008 (correction).  I've had usage of about $1200/month on the card, but have never carried a balance.  My balance was $0 today when I call in.
Message Edited by Rebs6767 on 03-18-2009 11:22 PM
Chase Id Protection EQ 636 EX 622 TU 652 6-01-2009
Chase Id Protection EQ 581 EX 634 TU 561 1-16-2009
MyFico EQ 550 12-18-2008
Message 4 of 78
mphan
Contributor

@Rebs6767 wrote:
I've only had this WaMu card since 10/2009.  I've had usage of about $1200/month on the card, but have never carried a balance.  My balance was $0 today when I call in.

Are you sure?lol

---------------
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 5 of 78
tkelly0314

After calling in 4 times in 4 days and being denied any switch, I called this number tonight and got one switched to the Freedom card and the other to the Perfect card!

Thank you!

Message 6 of 78
Grape
Regular Contributor

Thanks for that, it worked and just switched to the PerfectCard. As an aside, I called the first time, was given the same three options as the OP and mentioned I would review them and call back to change. Called the same number back and the 2nd operator said my acct did not qualify for a product change. So I called back immediately after hanging up and the 3rd guy put me right into the PerfectCard program. So, in case you don't have luck your first time, call right back.

BTW, I have about 75% util (I know, I know) on this card right now.

Message 7 of 78
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Did anyone who got a product change from WaMu to Chase PerfectCard (or others) have a BK?  I'm anxious to call, but afraid they will deny me. 

08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 8 of 78
mphan
Contributor

FYI, mine WaMu (no reward) already changed to PerfectCard.Smiley Happy
---------------
---------------
Message 9 of 78
tatiana
Contributor

GROOVY!  I got my ex-WaMu changed to Freedom!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 10 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.