New Contributor
Towser44

WaMu Product change???

I had an old providian account that became a WaMu Visa. Has anyone ever been successful at getting them to do a product change to the actual WaMu Platinum Visa? Also, do all WaMu cards report on your CR as WAMU/Providian, or is it only the old providian ones?
Contributor
felixfly2000

Re: WaMu Product change???

Towser44 wrote:

I had an old providian account that became a WaMu Visa. Has anyone ever been successful at getting them to do a product change to the actual WaMu Platinum Visa? Also, do all WaMu cards report on your CR as WAMU/Providian, or is it only the old providian ones?
____________________________________________________________________________________

Both of my cards show up as WAMU/Providian, and I have never had a Providian account. I can not speak about the product change, as I have never tried that.  I am curious about combining my two cards.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

From my understanding-

Wamu product change- nope
WAMU combine- nope

New Contributor
Towser44

hmm.. that creates an issue. The rate on this card is 31.99%, from 2003 with a 1200/0 balance but a $4 monthly fee. With my Ex near 700 I guess this card will just be my $4/month PFICO & Utilization buffer.
Valued Contributor
jmbfl

I have one with a $3.9K CL and 32% APR. There is an AF, but no MF. I just BT'ed balance to 0% BOA Amex. I would love to get this card made into something normal. Until then it will be a nice older (10ish year) account in the SD.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+