Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu/Providian Account Issue

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

WaMu/Providian Account Issue

I was looking at my scores yesterday - EQ=704, TU=714, EX=? and playing with the simulators trying to see how I might improve my scores. I was also looking at the +/- factors offered along with my TU score/report at transunioncs.com. It looks like my two WaMu/Providian accounts are the issue. Both report lates. I show the information below from a full TU CBR for the worse of the two which is the only baddie reporting on my CBR's. The account was closed by me to twart a second RJ attempt by Providian.

I have several questions:
1) If nothing else is done and eventually this account is paid off (balance now is $1,109.07) when will this fall off? The comment at the top says it would be seven years from DOFD, but when exactly would that be? That's not clear to me.
2) I would really like to get this cleaned up sooner if possible. Has anyone ever had any success asking WaMu/Providian for GW or negotiating a PFD. If they would PFD I would be deleting my oldest account by less that a year (looks like ten months) and my thought is it would be worth it to dump the baddie and one of the two accounts reporting lates. There is one 60-day and five 30-day lates reporting on the other account which remains open, but severely RJ'ed.

What say Ye?

Message Edited by jmbfl on 09-16-2008 07:11 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: WaMu/Providian Account Issue

The lates will go away individually 7 years after they are dated. It doesn't sound like the account was C/O, so it can stay on for up to 10 years, but it will be positive after the lates fall off.
Message 2 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Pay Status: Paid or Paying as Agreed

Other than the lates this is a good account. The last late was JUL05. That would give me 4 more years before it reports as totally clean. The 120-day late is from JAN05. That gives me 3 1/3 years before it stops being a baddie.

I want to clean it up or remove it. I am paying this down at the rate of $125/month so the time to start working on something is now. If they would PFD I would BT it to a much lower interest rate. If I BT it without a deal I lose any leverage I might have.

If they would GW the lates that would be great, but I'm thinking these guys are not going to do that.

Or, on the other hand, am I not to worry about this and let time take it's course...

Message Edited by jmbfl on 09-16-2008 07:53 AM
Message 3 of 7
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Does anybody have anything to offer on this one? Personal experience - do's/dont's - anything? I'm really looking for some help here.
Message 4 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

If the lates are reporting as they should, you could send a GW. If they're reporting incorrectly, you could ask them to report properly.
Message 5 of 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I think you do not have much choice but wait till WAMU is sold and then communicate with new owner.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 7
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@wmarat wrote:
I think you do not have much choice but wait till WAMU is sold and then communicate with new owner.

Sold....given away....someone paid to take them over.... Smiley Very Happy I just hope I keep my PFico!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.