Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu Visa

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: WaMu Visa

i just received my new 2nd wamu card and still got another pre-approval for a wamu. dont understand why
Message 11 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

WaMu seems to be a lot sloppier than the others in hiring out their pre-approval business. They don't tell them to screen out consumers who messed up on old Providian cards, etc.

WhirledPeasPlease has a hysterical WaMu pre-app count going on her siggy. I think it's up to 18 or so, but they won't give her a card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 14
Logical
Regular Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
WaMu seems to be a lot sloppier than the others in hiring out their pre-approval business.
I get few invites anymore, but it seems the majority of the card invites are to sub-sub-prime cards. Cards that have fees well over $100. When searching for new victims I'd think they would have a line like:   If card = Amex then response = 0.    At least rule out someone with a large amount of TLs. Oh well, the shredder gets hungry too!
Message 13 of 14
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

So I finally called (I have been SWAMPED the last couple days with school and work!) and the CSR told me that they can only approve 1 credit application every 90 days...  She told me to reapply or to call the # back in 90 days and they will reconsider my account but I had to wait the 90 days...

I guess that clears that up!

Thanks all for your help!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.