Valued Contributor
oracles

Re: WaMu Visa

i just received my new 2nd wamu card and still got another pre-approval for a wamu. dont understand why
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

WaMu seems to be a lot sloppier than the others in hiring out their pre-approval business. They don't tell them to screen out consumers who messed up on old Providian cards, etc.

WhirledPeasPlease has a hysterical WaMu pre-app count going on her siggy. I think it's up to 18 or so, but they won't give her a card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
Logical

haulingthescoreup wrote:
WaMu seems to be a lot sloppier than the others in hiring out their pre-approval business.
I get few invites anymore, but it seems the majority of the card invites are to sub-sub-prime cards. Cards that have fees well over $100. When searching for new victims I'd think they would have a line like:   If card = Amex then response = 0.    At least rule out someone with a large amount of TLs. Oh well, the shredder gets hungry too!
Frequent Contributor
bridgetkaryn

Hi All,

So I finally called (I have been SWAMPED the last couple days with school and work!) and the CSR told me that they can only approve 1 credit application every 90 days...  She told me to reapply or to call the # back in 90 days and they will reconsider my account but I had to wait the 90 days...

I guess that clears that up!

Thanks all for your help!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}