Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu credit card

tag
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

WaMu credit card

Hi all !
today I aprooved for a Wamu Visa  with a credit line 1500 . I dont happy with that credit line , so my my question is : any one have lucky with credit line increase when  you're activate ? I have so many credit card , I just want to transfer some  balance with 0% in one year . Thanks all .
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: WaMu credit card

They don't allow consumer initiated CLI's.  Sorry, you will have to wait for them to CLI you.  Good news, after 6 months, they CLI'd me from 1,500 to 2,500.  Of course YMMV.

I love WaMu.  Always have.  Don't listen to all the badmouthing on this board.  They are a good bank.

Message Edited by heirophant on 09-02-2008 07:23 PM
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for a WAMU myself, haven't got the card yet but got their Welcome package. From what I read, I'm thinking that a CLI on activation is probably not going to happen with these guys. I'm trying to figure the best way to use (or not use) the card to keep them from rate-jacking it like they seem so prone to do. I always PIF, so if anyone has any ideas on how best to treat them, I'm all ears.
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dangphuocloc72 wrote:
Hi all !
today I aprooved for a Wamu Visa with a credit line 1500 . I dont happy with that credit line , so my my question is : any one have lucky with credit line increase when you're activate ? I have so many credit card , I just want to transfer some balance with 0% in one year . Thanks all .

dang, welcome back! How have you been?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Thanks haulingthescoreup I am doing good so far , but I have some balance from best buy card . I want tranfer some balance of them , WaMu send letter to me offer credit line 7500 , 0% in one year .That why I applied . now new credit card should be hurt me with credit line 1500 . I don't know what can I do ? cancel or keep it ?
Thanks all for reply my message .
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, WaMu's preapproval limits are famous.

Might as well keep it, don't you think? You're stuck with it on your reports, inq and new account and all, so it seems like you ought to be able to get some use out of it.

Watch out for the balance transfer fee, though. That 0% is higher when you figure in the fee. And many banks like Bank of America don't cap the fee, so it gets pretty brutal.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

I don't know about getting a CLI on approval, but I do know that they're fairly regular with CLIs. I got my card 10/06 and since then I've had a CLI about every 5-7 months, each one between $1,000-$1,500. That's for a standard WaMu Visa that started at $2,000 and as of this morning is now up to $6,000...plus they upgraded me to a rewards card about 4 months ago.

Message 7 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@FantumGrey wrote:
I don't know about getting a CLI on approval, but I do know that they're fairly regular with CLIs. I got my card 10/06 and since then I've had a CLI about every 5-7 months, each one between $1,000-$1,500. That's for a standard WaMu Visa that started at $2,000 and as of this morning is now up to $6,000...plus they upgraded me to a rewards card about 4 months ago.

Not to be too nosy but what else do you have in the way of credit cards?
Message 8 of 9
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

smallfry wrote:

Not to be too nosy but what else do you have in the way of credit cards?

I've got a Discover More, Citi mtvU (both new accounts from December), and 3 Cap One cards of varying ages.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.