Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu letter

Ok...now it's been a long time since I've received pre-approval letters, but today I received a letter from WaMu and I'm not really sure if it's a pre-approval or just a letter to kinda sound like one because it doesn't really come out and say pre-approved? 

It says:   "You've earned this offer for a Visa Platinum card....."

but then it says something about a "Personal Invitation...blah blah blah"

I don't want to waste an inquiry if i'm not going to be approved...you know?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu letter

That's what DH got in the mail about a week or two ago ...

On a lark, we apped. At first we got the "Thank you for applying" spiel, but this evening, we received confirmation that he was approved for $2500 (his highest YET) and that the cards would arrive in 7 days. We've looked at his account online (we did get the savings account with them --- you have to if you want to have a shot at being approved -- AFAIK) and the card's already listed there!!

He was approved with the scores in my siggie!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops! One difference: his is the Platinum MasterCard, not VISA.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you use the mail in form or did you apply online?  And do you happen to know who they pull?
Message 4 of 5
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you use the mail in form or did you apply online?  And do you happen to know who they pull?

I just helped someone apply online two days ago for this offer. They were instantly approved for $4k.  Scores were in the 715 range, and no baddies for almost 8 years. I say go for it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.