Established Member

WaMu pre-approval

Recently I have been receiving "pre-approval" letters from WaMu with the usual reservation numbers, balance transfer deals, etc. I'm skeptical to reply, due to a bk7 from 2004 that had a Providian account included.

Should I apply?

Established Contributor

Re: WaMu pre-approval

BK 7 in 2003, approved about two months ago for 4K. Providian IIB.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Regular Contributor

I'm blacklisted by Wamu. Applied a couple months ago with pre-approval off my checking account and got instant denial, not even a credit pull. Letter came weeks later stating I had providian co so YMMV.

Starting Score: 8/2008 521
Current Score: 734
Highest Ever: 4/2009 759
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

I just realized something, I have a CA on one report from 2001. It was for a checking account that went south, before I had my life in order. With that still showing Im sure is the reason they denied my pre app every time.
Regular Contributor

Well the denial letter should state the reason(s) why you were denied. Did they even pull your credit because with me they didnt even pull mine and my co was from 2001 also.

Starting Score: 8/2008 521
Current Score: 734
Highest Ever: 4/2009 759
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

I just got a pre-approval letter.  I'm hesitant to apply in fear that I may be turned down.  I don't need another credit card right now, but it's better rates than my other 3.  How can they justify turning you down when they send you a pre "approval"?
7-24-08 EQ 537
8-20-08 EQ 568
5-13-09 EQ 606
10-18-10 TU 633
12-20-11 TU 671
Established Contributor

preapproval dont mean nothing..... I have gotten one from them and was denied for excessive inqs scores in the mid 600s dont do it... I hate their policy of no clis unless they feel like it and no APR reductions either... you cant ask for anything!
Contributor

They do APR reductions.  I asked for and got one in the not-so-distant past. 
-------------------------------------------------------------
FICO: TU 783/EQ 778/EX 776 (8/4/2014)
Closed on my new home in July, 2012!
Senior Contributor

+1

tatiana wrote:
They do APR reductions.  I asked for and got one in the not-so-distant past. 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Member

I got one of these as well last week. I applied and was approved. This is my first credit card though and my CR's are completely clean. I think it's a good card. 
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.