Regular Contributor

Re: WaMu pre-approval

I already have a wamu mc with 2k limit and they keep sending me more pre-approvals.. 6 months after I opened the first card. Wonder if they allow 2... or its just some glitch in their system.
Senior Contributor

same here, and i too wondered why...  as far as i can tell it was for the exact same card that i already had.  i continued to receive the preapprovals even after i closed the cc.  perhaps it is just  a disconnect with whatever dept or third party sends out the preapps.

i'd be willing to bet if i had tried to apply i would have received one of those 'too many wamu cards' type denial reasons but i never pursued it with cs to find out for sure.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Member

I got a wamu card last june with a $4,5000 limit. Then after they were bought out by Chase they started sending pre-approval everyday for a second card, so I applied and was approved in october for a card with a $2,000 limit, 0% on balance transers till January 2010. Also they raised the limit on my first visa with them to a $5,500 limit. I haven't even used the first visa, for anything except a $3,000 transfer to the card.
Fico 2-11 Ex:605 EQ: 596 Tu: 622
Fico 3-11 Ex:735 EQ: 605 Tu:633 Fico 5-11 Ex:733 EQ: 628 Tu:667
11-19-08 Eq 656
Regular Contributor

Hello All,

I received four different letters stating pre-approved . . . I recently went on line applied and was approved w/4500 CL.  Wild?  Filed BK n/03', but it was dismissed because I decided to pay instead.  Really started rebuilding n/06' from the suggestions taken from these forums. 

As you know, I have a couple of CO, which should come off n/12 to 18 mos.  I was also recently approved through CapOne for 18k (auto loan), I had two CC previously charged off w/CapOne --- but I paid, and they showed PAID. I haven't received the WaMu card yet, but I am very happy about the possibilities of home ownership next year.  Target . . . 720 - 740 w/n 12 mos.

Hotpoint . . .

11.10 Eq 650, 11.10 Trans 667 Ex 667

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.