Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu preapproval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu preapproval?

How about a Credit Union? I know some of the more popular larger ones will give a CC to someone even with a BK on file, not sure if it's only 1 year old though.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell ya what, I got Nordstrom 3K and State Farm 2K after WAMU. So whatever WAMU didn't like I'm sure glad that those two IMO better CCCs didn't have the same problem. Oh, and they both told me to wait 6 months and then I can request CLI without have to wait for them to offer it!

I honestly wish that WAMU had denied me instead of insulting me with a lower CL than my only sub-prime card.

Message Edited by db23 on 10-16-2007 08:21 PM
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

db23 wrote:
Tell ya what, I got Nordstrom 3K and State Farm 2K after WAMU. So whatever WAMU didn't like I'm sure glad that those two IMO better CCCs didn't have the same problem. Oh, and they both told me to wait 6 months and then I can request CLI without have to wait for them to offer it!

I have gotten a CLI every 6 mos without asking since opening the account.  Saved me a phone call.  I had forgotten the first 6 mos had passed to tell the truth, just logged onto my account one morning and there it was.  I don't know about anyone else's experience but I think WaMu does auto-ijncrease every 6 mos and if they don't its because some risk factor, whatever it is has changed?  How long have you had you WaMu card?  do you use it occasionally?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

db23 wrote:

I honestly wish that WAMU had denied me instead of insulting me with a lower CL than my only sub-prime card.

Message Edited by db23 on 10-16-2007 08:21 PM

That sounds about like the way I feel about HSBC BB Mastercard!! Lol!! Called for CLI and was informed they may do a hard!! I was like for what?  HAd I known the limit would be this low wouldn't have allowed a hard for the app.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Patelco. CCCU turned me down about 2 months ago (very nicely though) due to util and too much avail credit. But it's spread out over too many cards. Just want to consolidate and close some, and can't get anyone to provide that. I may just be stuck a while, chipping away...
Message 15 of 17
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

WAMU turned me down because of Providian and WAMU accounts that were in BK. I would not apply again if they sent me something. As a matter of fact, I requested no more contact from them.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas - Only Providian in my BK, prior to WaMu buyout, but not WaMu itself... I think I should trust my gut on this one and pass - for now anyway. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Bailey (Colts fan... Smiley Happy)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.