Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu sweetening the deal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu sweetening the deal

ilovepizza wrote:

This is the best offer from what I have seen. But the offer might have a BT fee. I know 2 people that got their Wamu card with a score of around 760 with 0%/6 months no bt fees and a starting CL of $30k. Wow hah? I'd say thats the best offer for their Platinum card. The down side is it doesn't mean you are more likely to get the card. They just promote the bleep out of it. I was also turned down many times with scores above 760 while many were approved with scores around 640. Wamu doesn't like UTL over 30% for sure. Apply with no to low UTL for best odds. But the offer is SWEET.

I eventually kept reapplying and I was approved. I also get my PFICO score!!! Totally! I like Wamu. Their customer service is not AMEX, but you get a free PFICO score...

Thanks, pizza.  That's what I was looking for.  I was just wondering if anyone had seen an offer better than that.

I have banked with WaMu for years (checking and savings).  I have no complaints at all on the banking side (except that their online bill pay never worked for me, but I'm not really comfortable using those systems anyway).

DFiancee has a CC with them with me as AU, and we have joint checking and savings as well.  She got the Plat MC @ 0% for 12 months and 9.9% after that for $9K with 760+.  About 8 months ago they turned me down when I apped cold.  Now they're courting me.

I don't really care about BT fees because I have no balances.

While I have no complaints on the banking side, I've found the CS on the CC side leaves a lot to be desired.

Honestly, the only reason I'm interested is for the PFICO.

I guess I'll hold off a little while.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi cheddar, I am keep getting the offers in the mail from them like you also.  But it is not really good. 

「0% FIXED APR on Purchases until September 1, 2009 When You Transfer a Balance NOW!」
・No annual fee
・No Balance Transfer Fees Today (within first 90 days of account opening)
・Platinum card benefits
* 9.99% APR after or if you do not transfer a balance
* APR on balance transfer is currently 9.99%

If you get this card and make BT, you should not use this CC until you PIF BT amount.  
The payment goes toward to the lowest APR first!!

I am not going to take these offers yet, I just appld to two CCs a month a go anyway.  I believe they will send out some more offers in the mail, and they ask me to apply every time I visit the branch too.
There is 5 branches within 5 miles, and  another 5 branches within 10-15 miles in my area. 
How nice! 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

bunnyrabbit wrote:
Hi cheddar, I am keep getting the offers in the mail from them like you also.  But it is not really good. 

「0% FIXED APR on Purchases until September 1, 2009 When You Transfer a Balance NOW!」
・No annual fee
・No Balance Transfer Fees Today (within first 90 days of account opening)
・Platinum card benefits
* 9.99% APR after or if you do not transfer a balance
* APR on balance transfer is currently 9.99%

If you get this card and make BT, you should not use this CC until you PIF BT amount.  
The payment goes toward to the lowest APR first!!

I am not going to take these offers yet, I just appld to two CCs a month a go anyway.  I believe they will send out some more offers in the mail, and they ask me to apply every time I visit the branch too.
There is 5 branches within 5 miles, and  another 5 branches within 10-15 miles in my area. 
How nice! 

Thanks for the input, bunnyrabbit.  My offer is slightly different than yours, it seems.  Mine does not state that I have to transfer a balance to get the introuctory rate.  I wouldn't be using it for a BT anyway, since I have no balances to transfer.

Even if I did, though, the offer says there is no BT fee if I initiate the BT within 90 days.

Not a bad offer, really.  Kinda makes me wish I had a balance to transfer and take them up on it. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's much better.   I wish they can give me the 0% intro on both Purchase and BT for 12 mos with no BT Fee and less than 10% fixed APR thereafter.
BTW, let us know what they give you if you apply and get one.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.