Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu to Chase Product Change and APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu to Chase Product Change and APR

Many of you have posted about your ability to product change your previous WaMu card to a current Chase product. Do the terms and conditions, including the APR change as well?  My current APR is 9.99% (it didnt go up after the conversion), so I dont want to increase my APR in order to get a Chase branded card.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu to Chase Product Change and APR

My WaMu Platinum was at 8.99.   After the Chase merger, it went up to 10.24.    It stayed at 10.24 after switching to the PerfectCard.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know the same thing. My apr went up a 1/4% to 10.24  on my Wamu card  and if I change I don't want the  apr to go up or my limit to go down on a new card.
Message 3 of 8
stefanc
Regular Contributor

After five calls and one email (all no can do) - I finally got the PerfectCard (from a WAMU Premier Platinum Protect M/C -- Wamu kept "upgrading" my card and sending me new ones with more words on them). The rep that finally did it used the wording (a few times actually) "add the Perfect Rewards to your account". My wording was "prodcut change/conversion".

Maybe adding rewards to your Chamu is the key, rather than "changing" your card? YMMV but that is what worked out for mine...

Anyway, it showed up online within 2 hours as a PerfectCard, no APR change, no CL change, no mention from CSR about term changes. I asked about a new card and he said that they will not send one out to use my existing WAMU card. Might ask online for a new card at some point. (Oh - and I do have a BT on it for those that want to know about conevrsion with a balance).

Gonna pay off the BT and start buying gas! 

Message 4 of 8
mphan
Contributor

No change, way too high but who cares. I PIF everymonth.

Purchase APR          17.24%
Cash APR          23.24%

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 5 of 8
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

No change to terms after rewards added.

PS- Purple see my post to you in the other "no go" thread!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralbusta wrote:

No change to terms after rewards added.

PS- Purple see my post to you in the other "no go" thread!

I feel like the cowardly lion lol.  I will try the number tomorrow.  I still dont know which is better - Freedom or Perfect.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched mine to the perfect card.The first ime I tryed they said they would be happy to, so I guess I was lucky. I also asked them about apr changes and he told me there would be no changes.The only differance to my account from what he told me is now I get rewards. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.