Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wachovia CLI

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wachovia CLI

Received the card back in late August or early September and finally got around to asking for a CLI today. The CSR mentioned that they can run one of two checks, and I was given a choice between the two. The first is an internal review, whereby they review your "accounts" and make a CLI decision and recommendation based on a soft pull. The second involved using an UW and a hard pull of your CR. I opted for the former and was offered $500. I then was given the chance for a manual review but waived that for now. So, my $2500 went to $3000.

The CSR also recommended that I call every 6 months on the dot to request a CLI. It almost seemed like an encouragement.

He also said that to avoid a late fee, payments must be made via the web by 4pm (I still don't know how to pay it online. Transfer?) and you can pay at the branch by 2pm.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wachovia CLI

FYI - Be careful with the payment at branch by 2 p.m.  Although I made a payment prior to 2 p.m. at the branch, it did not post until the following nite.  Fortunately, I gave myself several days grance.  Apparently, local branches do not post their transactions until after 5 p.m., thereby thwarting the 2 p.m. deadline.  Be careful
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!

I banked with Wachovia for a long time (never had any of their credit products, though), and found their customer service to be top-notch. I like their rewards on their debit/check card too. I was sort of worried with the whole WellsFargo deal that Wachovia credit customers might be getting the shaft like the WAMU/Chase situation. I'm glad to see that's not the case!

Message 3 of 25
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I totally agree about Wachovia.  They delete bad info if you need them to, but beside that, they gave me a CLI of 1400 & I've banked with them for about 9 years.  Customer service is excellent!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!

I banked with Wachovia for a long time (never had any of their credit products, though), and found their customer service to be top-notch. I like their rewards on their debit/check card too. I was sort of worried with the whole WellsFargo deal that Wachovia credit customers might be getting the shaft like the WAMU/Chase situation. I'm glad to see that's not the case!

At least not yet it isn't. On the other hand the Wachovia CC portfolio is nothing like the Providian->WaMu CC portfolio. That one is a hot potato!

Message 5 of 25
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

This thread inspired and motivated me to ask for a CLI from Wachovia. I called and was given a $3200 increase on a soft pull. Went from $12500 to $15700. Wachovia sure is nice to me.
Message 6 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Nice job!
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wachovia branches are a long way from officially totally and completely being converted over to Wells. My branch mgr said not until sometime in 2010. Chase is much further along in the complete conversion of Wamu. Did Wachovia ask for a current income update for the soft pulls?
Message 8 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

GomerPyle wrote:
This thread inspired and motivated me to ask for a CLI from Wachovia. I called and was given a $3200 increase on a soft pull. Went from $12500 to $15700. Wachovia sure is nice to me.

Congrats!
Message 9 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ExcellCR wrote:
Did Wachovia ask for a current income update for the soft pulls?

For mine, no. They didn't ask any questions.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.