Regular Contributor
Chanduwar

Wachovia to Citi

Hi,

I have previously screwed up with Citi. The card Platinum Select I had with them was charged off.
I have all my accounts and a credit card with Wachovia what will this new merger you think mean for me?

Chanduwar
Regular Contributor
Chanduwar

Re: Wachovia to Citi

Bump!!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

You have at least a year to get your "Ducks in a row"

Regular Contributor
Chanduwar

By then the entry of Citi will fall off my CR's. Will that help?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Everyone should realize that all this what-if is theorizing. It's very understandable to be concerned, but it's pretty much a crap-shoot, I think.

For your specific question:

Just because it won't show on your credit reports any more, due to the 7-year reporting rule, doesn't mean that a company doesn't keep internal records that go back much, much farther than that. So three possibilities:

• they'll see it on their internal records and deny
  • they'll see it on their internal records and say why not, you've cleaned up your act
  • they won't see it on their internal records, because they didn't merge the old history into the new cleanly.

Anything else is guesswork.

I'd keep doing your clean-up and make sure that by then, your credit is diversified among multiple lenders.

The rule book is being re-written during all this, I think.
  • * Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
    FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
    Frequent Contributor
    pjxf99

I'm in the same position, Chanduwar, except my Citibank already fell off my reports. I've heard they hold grudges, so I haven't gone anywhere near them. I haven't needed to, so it really hasn't been an issue.

I'll post if anything screwy happens with my accounts. I have checking, savings, and CC, but was planning to move the savings anyway.

FAKO TU: 730 (Too poor to check the real scores these days!)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
    FICO Score - The Score that matters
    Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
    Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
    FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
    }