Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for CLI to post or do it

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Wait for CLI to post or do it

Short version, Barclays has me on ice.  Nine months and no auto-CLI love.  Stuck at $1,900.  Averaging ~$1,100/month on that card.  Rewards are nice, TL just not growing.  Maybe they need to get no new charges for a few months to wake them up.  IDK.

Longer version, In one month less time, Amex has allowed me to go from $3,400--►$10,200--►$25,000.  Barclays has been softing me all along the way.  BCE is only INQ since opening Barclays so they shouldn't be seeing anything they typically dislike.

Anyway, since Barclays is sending me this silent message, I need to shop for another V/MC because some of the online bills I pay (ex. State Farm) don't accept AMEX.

Enter CSP and Cash+.  

The facts:

I don't bank with USB or Chase.

My overall util is 3.67%

My total CL's = $28,150 however, this includes a $14,800 AMEX CLI from four days ago.  Currently all three CB's show that TL is $10,200.

Income ~$80,00.  ~115,000 wife included.

FICO is between 695-710 across all three.  (Credit.com's FICO estimate is flattering, but inaccurate)

Current cards:

Cap1 --► $1,250 (strictly used for recurring bills (Netflix, Spotify) and nothing else

Barclay Rewards --► $1,900

AMEX BCE --► $25,000 (current TL showing $10,200, +$14,800 CLI was on 8/16 and CB's don't reflect it yet))

Should I wait for the AMEX CLI to post to the CB's before applying befor either of these?   

AMEX is >$5,000 already, but would these banks care how much over $5,000 a TL was?  I know they like to see an existing TL >$5,000.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Wait for CLI to post or do it

This is a great post and a great question.

My gut tells me you may want to get your scores up just a tad more (maybe over 720) before app. I've read that people seem to get better/best offers, APR, etc with those scores. I imagine by that time your Amex CLI will have been posted.

Have you also considered a Barclays Arrival?

Message 2 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'd wait until the CL posts. That's a significant increase and worth the month it might take to update,
Message 3 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

This is a great post and a great question.

My gut tells me you may want to get your scores up just a tad more (maybe over 720) before app. I've read that people seem to get better/best offers, APR, etc with those scores. I imagine by that time your Amex CLI will have been posted.

Have you also considered a Barclays Arrival?

I did not. TBH, I wanted to get away from Barclay. They dinged me $20 because I paid them 64 minutes late on a $72 balance. That was all on me, I know, but I was on vacation and Hawaii-time got the best of me.  That plus the stagnant CL makes a guy wander.

@09Lexie wrote:
I'd wait until the CL posts. That's a significant increase and worth the month it might take to update,

Where were you an hour ago?!?!?! 

@09Lexie wrote:
Id go for both tbh

I did.   I apped for both.  I have no self-discipline.  

CSP = Approved for $6,000, and you're probably right about the waiting part.  Might have been given a larger CL

Cash+ = I phoned in the app, told me to call back in 12-24 hours for status.  What a lame process... Helloooo USB.... instant gratification generation applying here.... jeeeez.  How 1980's of you.  Probably looking me up on microficheSmiley Indifferent

But hooray for CSP!

Message 5 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry for my delayed response-there's alot of threads to read. Smiley Tongue

Microfiche, I wouldn't be surprised.

Oops, forgot- CONGRATS on CSP!
Message 6 of 27
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I know there are.  See what happens when we get impatient?  We app.  

Thanks.  CSP and BCE make a good pair.  If I actually get the Cash+ too then I'll retire from apping.... oh who am I kiddingSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm sure you'll be approved. They tend to manually review apps.

Next year, I'll remind you of your retirement. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 27
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I know there are.  See what happens when we get impatient?  We app.  

Thanks.  CSP and BCE make a good pair.  If I actually get the Cash+ too then I'll retire from apping.... oh who am I kiddingSmiley Happy

CONGRATS! That's a great CL with CSP.

Fingers crossed for the USB.

And I agree...so easy to app when we get impatient

Message 9 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I haven't been paying attention, but US Bank Cash+ is available through phone apps!?

Can we do online again?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.